Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   macOS (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=92)
-   -   New PT Prefs helper (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=340741)

citysoundman 07-09-2013 08:16 AM

Re: New PT Prefs helper

Thanks very much Peter, this will definitely be very helpful!

Pete Gates 10-30-2013 05:14 AM

Latest version up. No big changes, added Mavericks compatibility.

Pete

Marco Bernardo 01-14-2014 03:48 PM

Thank you for the App. it's a great "little" helper.

Regards,

Frank Kruse 03-04-2014 03:22 AM

Peter,

thanks for this great helper. I was wondering if you could make the last used selection stick after a re-launch?

Would be great to have the most used ones already there on a re-launch. I find myself reading through all the option every time I use it to avoid mistakes.

Thanks,

Frank.

Pete Gates 03-04-2014 05:41 AM

Hi Frank,
Sure, won't be for a few weeks as I've just started a TV series. There are a couple of other things I'm going to add as well.

Pete

Mike Thornton 03-11-2014 01:15 AM

For me there are some great features in Trasher 11 that it would be brilliant to add to Pro Tools Prefs and these would include the option to archive and restore, the Plug-ins Folder, Plug-in Settings, I/O Settings, Templates, so that all the carefully chosen content can be archived when we need to do a clean install. If you want inspiration take a look at our article on doing a Pro Tools clean install on Windows where Neil explains how to use Trasher 11 to do a lot of the donkey work. Thanks again Pete for taking the time to create Pro Tools Prefs in what must be a busy schedule.

Pete Gates 03-11-2014 07:21 AM

I'm going to have a bit of a root and branch look at it all in a few weeks. There are so many things to double check you've ticked correctly that it's probably a bit off putting at first!

Mike, the latest build is 1.2.4, I know you had a mirror of this (1.2 I think) but it's difficult to keep myself up to date let alone other people so it's probably easier if you update your links to point at my Dropbox instead.

Pete

Pete Gates 03-11-2014 11:53 AM

Posted V 1.3 which is a step towards extra backup/restore options and fixes a non-dangerous backup bug.

Pete

Mike Thornton 03-12-2014 01:38 AM

Quote:

I'm going to have a bit of a root and branch look at it all in a few weeks. There are so many things to double check you've ticked correctly that it's probably a bit off putting at first!
Pete, I appreciate I have opened a whole new can of worms but do them in stages, it will be fine.

Quote:

Mike, the latest build is 1.2.4, I know you had a mirror of this (1.2 I think) but it's difficult to keep myself up to date let alone other people so it's probably easier if you update your links to point at my Dropbox instead.
I have updated the story on Pro Tools Expert to include v1.3 and the link goes to your Dropbox.

Thanks again on behalf of the Pro Tools community for stepping up to the plate to do this.

Frank Kruse 03-12-2014 03:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete Gates (Post 2137500)
Hi Frank,
Sure, won't be for a few weeks as I've just started a TV series. There are a couple of other things I'm going to add as well.

Pete

great, thanks!