Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   macOS (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=92)
-   -   Can no longer open AVID plug ins (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=395172)

TCLguy1 11-17-2017 02:41 PM

Can no longer open AVID plug ins

All of a sudden, none of my AVID plug ins open, asking for authorization. I have had this over a year working, not demo mode. Does anybody know what that is all about? Do you have to have a subscription current for that to work?

cwsand 11-17-2017 07:47 PM

Re: Can no longer open AVID plug ins

Have you tried resynching the licenses on your ilok?

crizdee 11-18-2017 03:46 AM

Hi,

Got the latest ilok manager? Its bizaree when things change suddenly when they have been working fine, but ive had similar with plugins needing the ilok manager to be updated.

Chris

TCLguy1 11-18-2017 10:00 AM

Thanks, I have the latest ilk manager and here is the crazy thing - I don't even see licenses for Revibe, Pro Limiter etc etc on there. Like they are just gone!

In the middle of a final film score mix and all those AVID plug ins gone. The only thing I can think of is that it has to do with my subscription that ended. Could that be?

TCLguy1 11-18-2017 10:11 AM

1 Attachment(s)
A lot of the plug ins in the AVID folder come up like this. So somehow they must be linked to my subscription level. Quite a crappy move AVID.

TCLguy1 11-18-2017 10:30 AM

Just tried to log on and see if I can quickly renew the damn plan - can't even find an option where you can do that quickly and easily. So eff it, I gotta move forward here. Third Party Plug ins it is.

Thanks for the help guys! Totally appreciate it. Pretty sure these plug ins were somehow tied to my 1 year subscription plan.

Southsidemusic 11-18-2017 11:02 AM

Yes they were. All Pro plugins need an active plan. It's not a crappy move by Avid. They state clearly that the pro plugins are tied to active plans ... well maybe not "Clearly easy to find" but can be found on the website.

TCLguy1 11-18-2017 02:16 PM

Sorry about the crappy comment - overworked and grumpy lol!
Where do you renew your subscription of the awesome plan? I have logged in to my account on the website but don't see an option. Oh well, bought a bunch of third party plug ins instead. They will also work in the other DAWs. So its fine.

I am sure that they clearly stated somewhere, somehow that pro plug ins are part of the subscription. I just don't remember stuff like that after a year and I work a lot in the other DAWs also. Logic, Live where you simply don't worry about some subscription running out which will render a session useless if you used those plug ins.

For now...I am staying away from those "pro" plug ins.

Southsidemusic 11-18-2017 04:21 PM

I know where you are coming from. One has to vent sometimes hehe

We started using Live9 Suite after buying the PUSH2 controller and boy whatta difference in MIDI and Feature sets Live9 has !!

The pitch and quantize audio and tempo features and plugin chains and ... you know whatI mean :-)

PT will be our mixing DAW as I still think it is the best layed out GUI and function for audio but composing we are 100% Ableton now.

TCLguy1 11-18-2017 07:16 PM

Yep! It's quite amazing and now the integration with MAX. Being able to modulate any parameter of any plug in with a MAX Step Sequencer or LFO = WOW!