Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   AAX Plug-ins (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Plugin Alliance Pick Pack (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=397284)

musicman691 02-16-2018 05:48 AM

Plugin Alliance Pick Pack

Plugin Alliance has started something new (just seen it today) called 'Pick Pack'. Apparently you pick 10 plugins and pay $29 per month for 29 months. I know nothing else about it and there's nothing else about it on the PIA site. Sounds good if you want/need to build up your PIA arsenal but like a lot of people here I already have most of what I need with just a couple of pieces I want to grab like the Millenia NSEQ and the bx_opto compressor.

Haven't received any emails this week from them on anything as to what's on sale this weekend or anything else. The last email I got was regarding last weekend's sale. Got a $35 voucher to use.

I know Dirk sent out an email beginning of this year talking about new things happening on the site and possibly new developers. Something I would like to see is a good mastering limiter; I tried the bx_XL V2 and didn't really like the sound and I really don't need m/s for this. I know FabFilter has their limiter but I'd like to see something in the PIA stable.

Benoni 02-16-2018 07:02 AM

Re: Plugin Alliance Pick Pack

That's kinda cool. Would be interesting if you could use your voucher every month to pay the $29 :D

mgoorevich 02-16-2018 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by musicman691 (Post 2475622)
Plugin Alliance has started something new (just seen it today) called 'Pick Pack'. Apparently you pick 10 plugins and pay $29 per month for 29 months.

Well, first of its not that cheap - saving about 67% is not much for $320 plugin now days.
Second I own most of their top priced plugins. But for instance they officially said that the bug fixing for DSM v2 (making automations unusable) is not their 1st priority, and probably I might have a discount for the v3 when (and if) it will be out. WTF?!

musicman691 02-16-2018 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benoni (Post 2475636)
That's kinda cool. Would be interesting if you could use your voucher every month to pay the $29 :D

My thoughts exactly :D:D

musicman691 02-16-2018 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mgoorevich (Post 2475646)
Well, first of its not that cheap - saving about 67% is not much for $320 plugin now days.

How do you figure that number? It's $29 per month for all 10 plugins not $29 per plugin.

amagras 02-16-2018 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by musicman691 (Post 2475729)
My thoughts exactly :D:D

Same here he he

YYR123 02-16-2018 07:58 PM

Plugin Alliance Pick Pack

I am waiting for a big sale, I wanna get their Channel Strips E, and N

those are really good but pricy....buuuut I want to support the AAXDSP for sure.

I wouldn’t mind the Friedman Bux Betty...(since he worked it up for UAD)

Jack I got the opto for free the other day when I was looking in my Presonus account. They had a deal, the opto the maag and another one for free !!!! Nice surprise

Still haven’t fired it up in a session but I have good feelings about it

amagras 02-16-2018 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YYR123 (Post 2475763)
I am waiting for a big sale, I wanna get their Channel Strips E, and N

But man those are good but pricy....I want to support the AAXDSP for sure.

I wouldn’t mind the Friedman Bux Betty...

Any guitar amp from PA is going to be great, I love the red one, I'll have to get it one of these days even if it's just to use it for double tracking along with my other plexys

mgoorevich 02-16-2018 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by musicman691 (Post 2475730)
How do you figure that number? It's $29 per month for all 10 plugins not $29 per plugin.

I tried to compile my own 10 pickpack and at the checkout it displayed: "A saving of 67% over regular price" (don't remember the final price though). It may vary depending on plugins you chose of course.

Stephen Bond 02-17-2018 02:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mgoorevich (Post 2475646)
Second I own most of their top priced plugins. But for instance they officially said that the bug fixing for DSM v2 (making automations unusable) is not their 1st priority, and probably I might have a discount for the v3 when (and if) it will be out. WTF?!

Works out at $29x29=$841 which is of course $84.1 per plugin.

This is about the going rate with sales and monthly vouchers for the big plugins $199-299 RRP. Doesn't make sense for anything under $149 IMHO.

The big thing is you get the plugins all up front, pay monthly and get to own them all in under 2.5 years.

Do I really need all the extra channels, EQs, compressors etc? Likely not. Would I like them, well of course!

Am I ready to commit to another $30 for the next 2.5 years? Not yet. For now, I'll keep demoing the products and picking up the ones I want in the sales and promotions.

All that said, it's a pretty good deal compared to the likes of Sonnox & UAD to name just two.

Stephen