Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools 2018 (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=157)
-   -   Avid Heat + Non Ultimate Pro Tools (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=403662)

MikeP89 03-08-2019 09:28 AM

Avid Heat + Non Ultimate Pro Tools

Any chance Heat will work on non Ultimate? Thinking of getting rid of my license if this is never going to happen. (Recently moved studios and don't have HD on my laptop rig) I'd hate to give it up and the next version of Pro Tools has it :confused:
(Obviously I know there's no set answer, more wondering what other's thought about this)

JFreak 03-08-2019 09:48 AM

Re: Avid Heat + Non Ultimate Pro Tools

Hi, welcome to the comunity.

No, at least now. Current version of standard PT won't open HEAT even though you had the license

MikeP89 03-08-2019 09:51 AM

Yea, was more wondering if there was any news about future versions being able to open it. Not sure if it's something more people have been asking for.

JFreak 03-08-2019 11:53 AM

I'm sure about one thing -- that is, if you hear something about it, consider it false news. When Avid released HEAT for Native, it was all done overnight.

midnightrambler 03-08-2019 01:55 PM

I wouldn’t lose any sleep over it - I have to say I found it pretty underwhelming. Plus it doesn’t work on instrument tracks.

Emcha_audio 03-08-2019 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by midnightrambler (Post 2518683)
I wouldn’t lose any sleep over it - I have to say I found it pretty underwhelming. Plus it doesn’t work on instrument tracks.

Commit/freeze the instrument tracks and you would be able to use it with Pro tools ultimate.

moshuajusic 03-08-2019 03:04 PM

According to my highly scientific guesstimate, 99% of PT Vanilla users would've preferred HEAT to Loopmasters and the other freebies over the past couple years.

amagras 03-08-2019 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jscomposer (Post 2518688)
According to my highly scientific guesstimate, 99% of PT Vanilla users would've preferred HEAT to Loopmasters and the other freebies over the past couple years.

Yessir

climber 03-08-2019 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeP89 (Post 2518663)
Any chance Heat will work on non Ultimate? Thinking of getting rid of my license if this is never going to happen.

So if you can’t get Heat on PT Vanilla you would drop ProTools? Makes no sense to me. There are lots of 3rd party options that are equal!

LDS 03-08-2019 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by climber (Post 2518694)
So if you can’t get Heat on PT Vanilla you would drop ProTools? Makes no sense to me. There are lots of 3rd party options that are equal!

I think the OP is referring to getting rid of a HEAT license, not Pro Tools.

It does seem pretty counterintuitive to not offer HEAT to all Pro Tools users. I highly doubt many users invest in Ultimate just for HEAT.