Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools 9 (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   OMF Import from Logic = White Noise! (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=286975)

Sonic Nomad 11-13-2010 01:00 AM

OMF Import from Logic = White Noise!

Hi,

So I just did my first OMF export of a song from Logic 9.1.3 and imported it to PT9 only to find all the regions now consist of white noise.

If I could get this working it would be great,

Any ideas?

suicune 11-13-2010 02:31 AM

Re: OMF Import from Logic = White Noise!

On the whole I've had better results from AAF Logic-PT transfers so maybe you should give that a go first.

If for some reason you really need the OMF - first thing is to double check your Logic export settings - make sure you've got 'include audio' and 'convert interleaved' checked, that you're using OMF v2, and make sure the bit depth and sample rates are the same as the PT session you're importing to.

When you import to PT, I would strongly recommend using 'copy from source media' as I've found referencing embedded OMF audio can lead to some pretty screwy behaviour.

Sonic Nomad 11-13-2010 02:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suicune (Post 1701730)
On the whole I've had better results from AAF Logic-PT transfers so maybe you should give that a go first.

If for some reason you really need the OMF - first thing is to double check your Logic export settings - make sure you've got 'include audio' and 'convert interleaved' checked, that you're using OMF v2, and make sure the bit depth and sample rates are the same as the PT session you're importing to.

When you import to PT, I would strongly recommend using 'copy from source media' as I've found referencing embedded OMF audio can lead to some pretty screwy behaviour.

Thanks for the response. I'll give both a try.

benosullivan 11-21-2010 11:55 PM

Using AAF worked for me. Can someone tell me what the diff is between OMF and AAF?

Also: Is there a 'catch-all' or 'macro' way of exporting/importing whole projects that include midi and audio? ie - not copying indivicual midi regions, but importing the whole session; region positions included. The AAF just reads and lines up the audio. And I expect it's asking way too much to include channel plugins!? One day?

Thanks
Ben

suicune 11-22-2010 02:54 AM

Quote:

Also: Is there a 'catch-all' or 'macro' way of exporting/importing whole projects that include midi and audio? ie - not copying indivicual midi regions, but importing the whole session; region positions included.
No, but you don't need to export individual MIDI regions, just apple-a and export a single type-1 midi file. You'll get all your midi regions and markers too. Import this into a PT session first then your AAF. Whole project done. Although I would advise if you're exporting MIDI from logic in particular you should write any real-time properties to the regions and glue them together so there's just one on each track, otherwise PT has the nasty habit of dropping every separate region onto a different track.

Quote:

The AAF just reads and lines up the audio. And I expect it's asking way too much to include channel plugins!? One day?
Yes it is! Seriously, I wouldn't hold your breath on that one. Remember PT doesn't even use the same plugin format as other DAWs.

Fidelis 11-22-2010 06:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sonic Nomad (Post 1701708)
Hi,

So I just did my first OMF export of a song from Logic 9.1.3 and imported it to PT9 only to find all the regions now consist of white noise.

If I could get this working it would be great,

Any ideas?

I had the same Problem with OMF, just white noise, also from Logic. But AAF worked fine.