Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   The Drum Room (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Problem : my MIDI track is not read by Superior Drummer. (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=345740)

gregsim 10-15-2013 01:55 AM

Problem : my MIDI track is not read by Superior Drummer.

Hi everybody!

I am having an issue using Pro Tools MP-9 and Superior Drummer 2.0.
Let me explain :
1/ I open an existing MIDI track in my Pro Tools session.
2/ I create a stereo instrument track
3/ I select Superior Drummer in my Insert A / Instrument
4/ Superior Drummer interface appears well (I can play on the virtual drums, change instruments, etc...)
5/ I close the Superior Drummer window, and I play my tracks in PT --> vu-meters show activity, but there is no sound!!!!

The weird thing is that it works fine when I select another Instrument!

I have checked : the MIDI notes are the same in the Superior Drummer edition window and on the MIDI track (for example Kick is assigned to C1 in Superior Drummer and there exist c1 note on the MIDI track).

I think there is something very basic that i don't do correctly, but i can't figure it out.

Does someone have any idea of what i'm doing wrong?...

Thank you!

Glenjb 10-15-2013 12:51 PM

Re: Problem : my MIDI track is not read by Superior Drummer.

Which VU meters are moving? The midi track or the instrument track?

Are you assigning the midi track output to superior drummer?

albee1952 10-17-2013 06:08 PM

Try this; put the tracks in CLIPS view(Regions for 9 and older versions of PT), highlight the clip on the midi track(the whole thing) and copy, then move(with the p and ; keys) to the Instrument track and then paste. If that doesn't play anything, go to the MIX window, select View>Mix Window Shows, and check Instruments. This shows a row across the top of the MIX window(with info only at the top of Instrument tracks) and set that to your SD2 plugin.

just wondering if you are not managing to link the midi to the instrument plugin, and scrapping the midi track, and placing the midi on the instrument track itself, is more efficient in the long run:D. Once the midi notes are on the Instrument track, the midi track can be deleted, or hidden if you want to save the midi info for some reason.

barstool719 10-26-2013 02:49 PM

You need to upgrade SD to version 2.2. I just recently bought SD, and when I installed it I had the same problem - MIDI notes in the piano roll didnt trigger anything, and a MIDI region on the track didn't trigger anything either.

Upgrade to 2.2 > problem solved

trainwrecktwostep 07-31-2016 08:17 AM

Thanks Albee! I just had this issue as well, and the 'Mix Window View' Instrument panel showed me that the previous plugin was showing, although the Insert panel was showing me the new replacement plugin.

albee1952 07-31-2016 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trainwrecktwostep (Post 2372935)
Thanks Albee! I just had this issue as well, and the 'Mix Window View' Instrument panel showed me that the previous plugin was showing, although the Insert panel was showing me the new replacement plugin.

If I had a nickel for every time I had to change that:p:p:p