Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Artist Series (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   EuControl crashes on launch (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=346814)

bizmar 11-09-2013 12:02 PM

EuControl crashes on launch

Hi, I installed EuControl 3.0.1 on my Mavericks rMBP (15" 2012 model) and EuControl crashes when I launch it. The grey E starts spinning and then i get the "this app has quit unexpectedly" dialog... here is a crash log. I uninstalled and reinstalled, cleared prefs via script, but nothing helps. EUCON seems to work, and can see my Thunderbolt ethernet connection.

I just got this panel and i'm not able to use it. :(

Emcha_audio 11-10-2013 05:22 AM

Re: EuControl crashes on launch

As mentioned earlier in other post. Maverik is not approved with PT or Eucon yet.

bizmar 11-11-2013 03:31 AM

Yeah I know it's not officially supported... But it seams to work for others. I made a new user on my mac, and it works fine there. If I start in "Safe Boot" it also crashes. So i guess it's conflicting with something...

Than I tried to run EuControl from the terminal, and got this error message:

Code:

Marks-MacBook-Pro:~ bizmar$ /Applications/Euphonix/EuControl.app/Contents/MacOS/EuControl ; exit;
2013-11-11 13:41:16.762 EuControl[505:507] EuControl finished launching...
2013-11-11 13:41:16.766 EuControl[505:507] Starting EuCon...
LSOpenURLsWithRole() failed with error -10810 for the file /Applications/Euphonix/MC_Client.app.
Bus error: 10
logout

Any general advice about this?

DaveDaveDave 11-12-2013 04:40 AM

I had a similar problem the other day after running fine on Mavericks for weeks and weeks with the developer GM release. After setting "disable App Nap" to true on all my DAW software and EuControl, it started crashing.

I went through all of the steps you did, and it wasn't until I reverted to switching all 3 Eucon devices back to static IP and back to DHCP that it started working again. I cant be sure that that is what fixed it as I had frantically been trying every bit of hackery....

Hope this helps!

Pirx 04-21-2014 11:51 AM

The same problem here, but on Mountain Lion 10.8.5!:confused:

I have just clean reinstalled the OS, installed Pro Tools 10.3.8 and then eucon driver and it crashes on launch.
I tried these eucon versions without success: 3.1.2, 3.1, 3.0.1, 3.0.

Before reinstall, ML 10.8.5, PT 10.3.5 and eucon 3.0.1 worked like a charm.

Any suggestions?

Pirx 04-24-2014 03:59 PM

Anyone? Please...

I erased and reinstalled ML once again, because that was the only thing I could do. Then I installed Mbox Pro driver, Pro Tools (10.3.8) and then eucon 3.1. Just after the installation, Eucon icon started spinning and after 1 or 2 seconds I got the error that Eucontrol has unexpectedly quit...
Uninstalled 3.1. and deleted eucon preferences. Downloaded 3.0.1, but the same problem here...

It's really weird:confused: The OS is clean and fresh, I don't get it. Maybe I'm doing some silly mistake? Could somebody help me, please? I'm working on a project and time pressure is bigger and bigger. I really need my Artist Mix:(

Pirx 04-25-2014 02:22 AM

In case that matters... Computer is Mac Pro from 2009.

mrtomcat 04-25-2014 12:01 PM

mine runs solid however when I turn the power off on the Artist Mix but leave the mac on the Euconcontrol tends to crash with the error described... once I turn it back on all is well...

Which makes me believe that you might have a network connectivity problem.
Have you checked your router/cable and so forth? Is your Firewall on on the Mac (make sure it's off or make sure you add the Eucon ports)

Hope this helps