Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (http://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   macOS (http://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=92)
-   -   No sound out of my monitors or headphones (http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=291440)

Baumtracks 01-05-2011 12:30 PM

No sound out of my monitors or headphones

I just got my new Mbox Pro up and running on my new imac. I have the PT 9 crossgrade. The sample track plays through my computer speakers not my headphones or monitors. When I try to record a new track,I get a response from the LED on the mbox but not on the screen. Also no sound. I'm sure it's a setup issue. I just can't figure it out. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Thedspeth 01-05-2011 01:12 PM

Re: No sound out of my monitors or headphones

Well... without knowing more about your situation I can take a guess. Pro Tools 9 obviously gives you options with regards to interface... including your built in output.

In Pro Tools go to the "setup" menu at the top and choose 'Playback Engine'. At the top of that box there is an interface option... open it and choose the Mbox. Pro tools will save and restart the session with the mbox as the interface.

Baumtracks 01-05-2011 01:19 PM

Thanks for the reply. It was already set for Pro Tools Aggregate i/o. That didn't work.

asharp_gclef 01-05-2011 02:29 PM

I'm having the same exact problem with my Mbox 2. Just upgraded yesterday to Pro Tools 9. It worked all of yesterday. Then today I went to work on some more editing and the sound is coming out of my Internal Speakers. My setup is for the Pro Tools Aggregate I/O as well.

Holly73 01-06-2011 01:20 AM

With an Mbox connected you need to set the playback engine to "Mbox", not "PT Aggregate I/O".

Baumtracks 01-06-2011 07:13 AM

For some reason I didn't have the option to choose Mbox. It's there now. I have sound out of my headphones not my monitors. I can record too. Making progress!

Monching 01-10-2011 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Holly73 (Post 1731605)
With an Mbox connected you need to set the playback engine to "Mbox", not "PT Aggregate I/O".

I don't see MBOX as an option under the "current engine" drop down menu. Am I missing something from the installation? thanks in advance.:-)

Eric Seaberg 01-11-2011 03:08 PM

Everything you're looking for is in the manual. There are very easy setup instructions and tutorials. The documentation is in the ProTools folder within apps.

Obsidian Dragon 01-11-2011 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monching (Post 1733938)
I don't see MBOX as an option under the "current engine" drop down menu. Am I missing something from the installation? thanks in advance.:-)

Did you download and install the Mbox drivers?

jjtarnow 01-11-2011 03:57 PM

You need to download the most recent drivers...I had the same problem and downloading solved it.