Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools 2018 (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=157)
-   -   Presonus 24R Slate Raven PT Connectivity (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=403414)

gtrDayve 02-14-2019 01:13 PM

Presonus 24R Slate Raven PT Connectivity

Hi all,

I've got a brand new setup via Sweetwater:
Creation Station Windows Computer
Slate Raven MTi
PreSonus 24R
(additionally Furman Headphone amp carryover from old system, not applicable right now)

As I'm setting things up I am unable to get audio to play from Pro Tools, although I see audio & have been able to record into PT.

I’m still not getting the audio set correctly.

I have a USB cable into the 24R from the computer, & XLR’s going out of the 24R into our soundboard. I did get the Pro Tools Playback Engine set to the 24R, which allowed me to record audio INTO Pro Tools; I seen the level & have a waveform. So I am getting audio into Pro Tools via the 24R. However I’m not able to hear it. Pro Tools acknowledges an SPDIF out as the “Main Out”, but nothing for output is mentioned for the 24R.

I opened the PreSonus Studio One software, & plugged a guitar into channel 1 of the 24R. I did hear the guitar, so I know sound is coming out of the 24R.

So I have Input to record into Pro Tools, but no sound coming out of it.
24R appears to be sending audio out as well so that’s goin’ on.

In the computer in the SOUND options, I have 24R listed, as well as an SPDIF, & the Raven. (Also fwiw I have the green mini-jack plug & cable from the back of the computer going into the Raven, mostly because those were the only two that had those jacks. )

In the Sound options I can TEST these different devices, where I see levels appear, but nothing comes out as far as I can hear. The 24R has a headphone jack & is into our sound system, the Raven does have a headphone jack which I am plugged into (volume up on it as far as I can tell), & the computer shows that SPDIF device even though I don’t know where that is. Even “Speakers” is listed & shows levels when I TEST it but no sound comes anywhere.

I know I’m pretty close; If I could get the sound hooked up I’d be there, but I’m missing a setting somewhere & I can’t seem to find what I’m looking for in the documentation provided & the links from email that were sent. I don’t know if it’s a setting in the computer, in Pro Tools, the 24R or the Raven.

I can't be the only one who's ever had this equipment so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

albee1952 02-14-2019 03:44 PM

Re: Presonus 24R Slate Raven PT Connectivity

Is the 24R selected as the "audio engine"? That's step #1. Step #2 might require reading the presonus manual as you may need to push buttons on the surface to route audio out thru the console(the older presonus digital consoles had a firewire button on each track to listen FROM the DAW).

jwilkers 02-15-2019 04:58 AM

What he said ^^^^

However, do you know that Sweetwater offers 2 year free tech support?
Call them.

gtrDayve 02-19-2019 09:18 AM

Thanks for your attention, in answer to your responses:

* Yes in Playback Engine "StudioLive Series III ASIO" is selected at H/W Buffer Size of 512 & Disk Cache size Normal.

* I submitted an email to Sweetwater a week or so ago but haven't heard from them. Was hoping I could find the answer outside of them. I tried being on the phone with them, wait time was out of this world.

It sounds like perhaps this could be a setting within the 24R? Sweetwater I had thought created an account for me at Presonus although I can't log in to get the download. The email addy used goes to a different addy than I have direct access to within our org which is why I don't yet want to reset it.

Thanks again