Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   AAX Plug-ins (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Waves Central 11.0.55 Hanging PT on Launch (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=408417)

TrentWilliams 02-10-2020 01:02 PM

Waves Central 11.0.55 Hanging PT on Launch

EDIT:
This issue has been resolved.

EDIT:

Waves Response:

"On OS’s Mojave and Catalina, the latest version of Waves Central (11.0.55 | 2020) can sometimes hang during installation/activation, when USB devices are connected to the computer.
We are working to fix this issue as soon as possible and will let you know once it's fixed".

Hey everyone,

Since updating Waves Central today to 11.0.55 I am no longer able to launch PT or Waves Central if my NVME drives are connected *PT will hang as soon as it tries to load WaveShells. As soon as I disconnect those drives PT and WC both launch without issue. If I pull all WaveShells out of my plugins folder, PT will launch with NVME drives connected.

I can launch PT without the NVME drives attached, then launch a Waves plugin, it will open fine. If I mount an NVME drive, then launch a Waves plugin PT will hang and freeze.

Something has changed after this update which is stopping Waves from mounting plugins if an NVME drive is attached.

Feeling frustrated.

Curious if anyone else can recreate this?

T

ChuckS 02-10-2020 03:09 PM

Re: Waves Central 11.0.55 Hanging PT on Launch

Not having the exact scenario with PT (no Waves installed on that box), but can't launch Waves Central 11.0.55 here on another Mac. It hangs with the progress bar around half way. Don't have any NVME drives, but have a USB3 external SATA SSD. Didn't think to disconnect that, but will give it a try next time I'm near the Mac. Reported to Waves this afternoon.

Stephen Bond 02-11-2020 01:25 AM

11.0.55 running AOK here and Pro Tools thereafter.

Tried trashing prefs? This seems to fix such issues the majority of the time.

Stephen

TrentWilliams 02-11-2020 01:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChuckS (Post 2553707)
Not having the exact scenario with PT (no Waves installed on that box), but can't launch Waves Central 11.0.55 here on another Mac. It hangs with the progress bar around half way. Don't have any NVME drives, but have a USB3 external SATA SSD. Didn't think to disconnect that, but will give it a try next time I'm near the Mac. Reported to Waves this afternoon.

Thanks for the confirmation. Yeah these drives are external NVME SSDs. Same thing happening, progress bar gets to about 80% then hangs and freezes. I've messaged Waves, but haven't heard back.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen Bond (Post 2553746)
11.0.55 running AOK here and Pro Tools thereafter.

Tried trashing prefs? This seems to fix such issues the majority of the time.

Stephen

Thanks for the feedback. Yip, i've trashed prefs, cache files, and reinstalled etc .. as well as reformatting the SSDs. Something's changed during the latest Waves Central update .. at least for me. I can operate @ 100% without WaveShells in my plugins folder.

I've also noticed in activity monitor there are three processes titled 'wle' which are hung and cycling @ 100% CPU ea. As soon as a quit those processes Waves Central launches, but no activations are detected.

If I roll back to Waves Central 11.0.50 it will launch fine with SSD drives attached, however, Pro Tools will hang on launch when it tries to load WaveShells.

TrentWilliams 02-11-2020 02:52 AM

This from Waves Support:

Thank you for contacting Waves Tech Support.

On OS’s Mojave and Catalina, the latest version of Waves Central (11.0.55 | 2020) can sometimes hang during installation/activation, when USB devices are connected to the computer.
We are working to fix this issue as soon as possible and will let you know once it's fixed.

musicman691 02-11-2020 05:23 AM

Is it possible to have Waves Central NOT auto-update?

musicman691 02-11-2020 01:44 PM

Just opened WC and it auto updated. So far no problems as cited here; then again I don't have any nvme drives whether internal or external.

simon.a.billington 02-17-2020 05:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by musicman691 (Post 2553832)
Just opened WC and it auto updated. So far no problems as cited here; then again I don't have any nvme drives whether internal or external.

Yeah, I don’t think the problem is Central itself.

Hang in there, have faith. I think we can pretty much guarantee that there would be quite a few users using external NVMEs with Waves and ProTools. That should make this issue a bit of a priority fix for Waves.

I just can’t say how high on the priority list it would be.

ChuckS 03-07-2020 10:06 AM

New Waves Central available - no more hang with external drives on Mac.