Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Oh Mr. Neumann?? Calling Mr. Neumann? (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=62881)

03-04-2002 07:54 PM

Oh Mr. Neumann?? Calling Mr. Neumann?

Would someone phonetically spell this for me? I know, I'm not a smart man... is it pronounced "Newman"? Or noy-man or what? NEUMANN

Thanks [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img]

Jorge442 03-04-2002 08:00 PM

Re: Oh Mr. Neumann?? Calling Mr. Neumann?

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by QQZZQQ:
noy-man :<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I´ve always heard it this way

lol

good question though

03-04-2002 08:13 PM

Thanks! Not that I need to know...who can afford one? Now if I could only pronounce my username! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Jorge442 03-04-2002 08:23 PM

True, we got lucky with one, vocals recorded through it needed little or no eq. I´ve heard of inconsistencies in different mics though. Right now I´d probably go with a rhode....

Park Seward 03-04-2002 08:27 PM

Professionals can afford "Noy-mon" mics.

Now that I have made my snide remark, I should say that the 103 can be bought for around $700, the 184 for around $600 and the handheld mic for around $500. Not bad for that level of transducer. Yes, they make $4,000 mics but you don't have to buy that one first.

03-04-2002 08:41 PM

Yeah, the Rode NTK is probably my next mic. Actually my FIRST mic as what I have now is made out of Kazoo parts!

I suppose $700 bucks for a Noy-Man(!)is a good deal. I WANT TO SOUND LIKE James Earl Jones. Right now I sound like Shirley Jones.
[img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

sessiondude 03-04-2002 08:48 PM

Yeah, it's pronounced Noy-man. I have a picute of one!!! lol.

Roy Howell 03-04-2002 09:08 PM

sessiondude,

"...oh, and I'm gonna need you to come in on Sunday too...mmm-k?" Every time I picture that dude, I almost bust out laughing. I think I used to work with him...
[img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

sessiondude 03-04-2002 09:15 PM

lol. Yeah, I think we've all worked for that guy!

"I wouldn't say I've been MISSING it Bob!"

I love the one Bob who "celebrates" Michael Bolton's "entire catalogue."

JMS40 03-04-2002 10:24 PM

20 years ago, we would have paid several thousand dollars for a mic like the 103.
It's a great mic!

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by Park Seward:
Professionals can afford "Noy-mon" mics.

Now that I have made my snide remark, I should say that the 103 can be bought for around $700, the 184 for around $600 and the handheld mic for around $500. Not bad for that level of transducer. Yes, they make $4,000 mics but you don't have to buy that one first.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>