Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (http://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools | S6 (http://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=120)
-   -   v1.3 IS OUT - Check your Account Page! (http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=361014)

rus5 11-21-2014 09:44 PM

v1.3 IS OUT - Check your Account Page!

At first I wasn't too excited when I read the "What's New" doc but it looks to me like they've added some functionality not mentioned (though I might have missed it…). Not everything I'd hoped for but at least more than I saw in a fast scan of the doc.

In case the following happens to anyone else: I installed the firmware and workstation updates and relaunched to find the S6 didn't "see" my MacPro via Ethernet anymore. Long story short, I noticed an icon on the top dock I hadn't seen before from the WS Control s/w. It has a "Network Setup" function in it. I clicked it and discovered it was set to my WiFi rather than Ethernet. I selected Ethernet, rebooted and the S6 now sees the Mac - problem solved. Not sure what caused it in the first place but it was very easy to fix once I noticed that.

I'd be very interested to hear your impressions!

tamasdragon 11-22-2014 06:52 AM

Re: V1.3 IS OUT - Check your Account Page!

And we can/have to upgrade to the latest PT version. Probably I'm going to do the upgrade next week. Hope it's fine.

Stereo Missile 11-22-2014 03:58 PM

Re: v1.3 IS OUT - Check your Account Page!

Anybody tried this yet? Wondering if there are any bug fixes in there? At first glance I'm a little bit disappointed that there still seem to be a large amount of major features not implemented yet, fader flip for example. Should reserve judgement until after I try it though......

Stereo Missile 11-22-2014 09:34 PM

ok so I took the plunge and so far so good. PT 11.2.2 and S6 1.3 seems pretty solid so far after a few hours. Worked on a movie cue all afternoon with VI's, video engine etc, no crashes or unexpected behaviour so far. Touch wood!

Only thing I found was with the S6 firmware upgrade installation, I had to manually go in and tell it to update the firmware for the modules.

Anyone else having success also?

Brandonx1 11-22-2014 10:29 PM

Yes big improvement. Few thing here and there but we are moving in the right direction.

rcutz 11-23-2014 04:10 AM

I imagine that most of the job should be under the hood, no!?
For me the layout recall on softkeys is a must have. I simple have wasted my touchscreen to keep it on the recall window.
Will upgrade tomorrow.

priorytools 11-24-2014 12:23 PM

Nice to have the number pad, men locs & all the transport working properly . .
I think I'll spend more time with my qwerty keyboard sitting on the side when in mix mode now .
:-)

rus5 11-25-2014 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by priorytools (Post 2206474)
Nice to have the number pad, men locs & all the transport working properly . .
I think I'll spend more time with my qwerty keyboard sitting on the side when in mix mode now .
:-)

I've got a dumb question. I'm trying to see what new features are in this release that aren't described in the documentation (of which there appear to be many like the ones described in this post). I got my S6 back at version 1.2 and noticed that the lights I see surrounding the "Jog/Shuttle Wheel" in the Avid videos don't ever appear on my S6 and I've assumed they just haven't been activated in the distribution version yet. I still don't see them in V1.3. On the other hand, I'm definitely not convinced I understand how to properly use the S6 yet in the first place. Is there a mode I haven't found that lights these little guys up? I'm not so worried about the lights as the possibility there's a whole mode I haven't discovered yet. Help very much appreciated as always!
Thanks, Russ

Brandonx1 11-25-2014 05:58 PM

The jog shuttle wheel lights haven't been implemented yet.

rus5 11-25-2014 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brandonx1 (Post 2206786)
The jog shuttle wheel lights haven't been implemented yet.

Ok, that explains it - thanks!