Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Reference Manual for Digi 001 (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=43532)

coleslaw 01-30-2002 07:13 PM

Reference Manual for Digi 001

i bought the Digi 001 - back in november 2001, brand new from a store. Included in the box was a small reference manual that briefly summarized the hardware and protools LE. I attended a workshop for protools at my school and i asked the teacher what books i could get for protools that were good. He showed me the reference manual that came with his protools. It was lengthy and very thick and explained way more than the manual i recieved. So i guess my question is - should i have recieved a "thick" and lengthy reference manual with my Digi001 along with a small version?

where02190 01-30-2002 07:32 PM

Re: Reference Manual for Digi 001

The manual is part of the software as a pdf.

danocaster 01-30-2002 09:55 PM

the manual is on the cd-rom you got- but I like "hard" manuals-- so i can read in the john !! you can buy one from digi for, like 40 bucks i think..kinda a hassle but if you really want the hard copy -you gotta pay for it !! I'm glad I did- it's easier to grab and get an answer than the cd-rom

vf124 01-31-2002 02:43 AM

I purchased the manuals after playing w/ a buds 001 system. After spending a few months reading them, I'm now purchasing my "own" PT LE system...

Peace

dans 01-31-2002 09:30 AM

I bought my 001 in November of 1999 and it came with the "thick" manual. They must have done that in the early days but stopped at some point.

vf124 01-31-2002 02:39 PM

Rand,

To each his own, I like my friggin manuals...if you want to print yours, by all means do so...

Peace

jiagap 01-31-2002 05:20 PM

Yes I think it was about October or November that they stopped including the hard copy manual. A friend of mine bought his right before me and he got a manual. When I bought mine I didn't and was a bit ticked off because we both paid the same price for 001. I investigated and found out for $50 Digi would send me one. So I decided to print off the first couple hundred pages and put in a binder.

A couple days ago I finally decided to start reading it - after a couple of months of doing the "guy" thing of not using a manual. the bad side is I started learning a few bad habits, the good side is, now the manual actually makes sense.

One question though - looking for help. The motivating reason I started looking in the manual was to find out how to display the Audio Regions List. I notice in the manual and in the demo it is there. But whenever I start a new session it is not present, and I can't figure out what I need to do, and can't seem to find anything in the manual to help. So, how do I display the Audio Regions List?

Any help would be appreciated.

PS - The manual is helpful though.

Richard

Chompers 01-31-2002 05:25 PM

clik on the arrows on the left part of the edit screen to show audio files list.

jiagap 01-31-2002 06:48 PM

Chompers, it was the double arrows at the BOTTOM RIGHT of the edit window that opened up the audio regions list. But thanks for the clue. Amazing how stupid I can be sometimes.

Thanks much

geminirand 02-01-2002 12:30 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by danocaster:
I like "hard" manuals-- so i can read in the john !! you can buy one from digi for, like 40 bucks i think..kinda a hassle but if you really want the hard copy -you gotta pay for it !!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is why they make printers, guys. If it costs you $40 to print, I'm curious what kind of paper you're using!!!! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]