Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Digidesign Transformation (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=270798)

Avid 04-01-2010 09:38 PM

Digidesign Transformation

It’s time to set the record straight about the future of Digidesign. We’d like to share some information, answer some questions, and explain our new brand strategy. Check out this letter and join the discussion here.

sunburst79 04-01-2010 09:54 PM

Re: Digidesign Transformation

Hi:D

Lets hope the camaraderie continues at AVID.com.

Avid 04-01-2010 09:58 PM

You get to be first mr burst. :cool:
In case you were wondering, the DUC will still be here, so we can all continue to exchange pleasantries. :-)

Shan 04-01-2010 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Digidesign (Post 1584123)
...the DUC will still be here, so we can all continue to exchange pleasantries. :-)

For how long? :cool:

Shane

sunburst79 04-01-2010 11:45 PM

Quote:

You get to be first mr burst. :cool:
In case you were wondering, the DUC will still be here, so we can all continue to exchange pleasantries. :-)

So we are moving the DUC intact to a new domain? It seems strange to kill the the Digidesign name yet leave the DUC name intact (Not that I'm complaining).

At least its not the PUG;)

Some website ideas were discussed in one of the recent threads and hopefully some will be incorperated.

Like most I have mixed feelings about this. Sad to see the Digidesign name go. Hoping that a leaner, faster moving more reponsive company emerges.

Some interesting gems in the update you posted.

filosofem 04-02-2010 01:29 AM

Quote:

At least somethings won't change. :-)

TOM@METRO 04-02-2010 02:05 AM

I'm hoping this new unified AVID will be bringing Pro Tools users a new unified software with all new hardware choices.

Fastermouse 04-02-2010 02:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Digidesign (Post 1584112)
It’s time to set the record straight about the future of Digidesign. We’d like to share some information, answer some questions, and explain our new brand strategy. Check out this letter and join the discussion here.

Okay, here is a question.. Are you going to de-cripple LE? A bug free over all code with ADC and 64 bit capable that I can upgrade-my-hardware-as-my-budget-grows Pro Tools is what I want. Thanks Digi, much love. :cool:

ram130 04-02-2010 03:08 AM

Might as well yall just move all Pro Tools M Powered, HD, LE into one big Pro Tools. Making it unified with ADC and work with M-audio, LE, HD interfaces. Hell what ever interface your using Pro Tools loading screen should change to represent it. The competition will never see it coming!

Let me know if your gonna use the idea, I'll take 1%...:D

Keybeeetsss 04-02-2010 04:44 AM

OK guys, now y'all start askin these type questions, DWA won't back:cool:

I hope our accts etc aren't 'reset' otherwise I myself will make it an end...