Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Own mercury & ssl and upgraded to mercury + studio classics not enough room to upgrad (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=259163)

MASTERLINKSTUDIOS 11-12-2009 04:55 PM

Own mercury & ssl and upgraded to mercury + studio classics not enough room to upgrad

I only have ssl and mercury license on ilok and am trying to upgrade to mercury + studio classics and ilok account says not enough room on ilok.help cant do any sessions

Studio Dweller 11-12-2009 04:59 PM

Re: Own mercury & ssl and upgraded to mercury + studio classics not enough room to up

Quote:

Originally Posted by MASTERLINKSTUDIOS (Post 1495711)
I only have ssl and mercury license on ilok and am trying to upgrade to mercury + studio classics and ilok account says not enough room on ilok.help cant do any sessions

Search this forum... there was a very recent discussion on that very topic.

danander11 11-12-2009 06:00 PM

Re: Own mercury & ssl and upgraded to mercury + studio classics not enough room to up

Quote:

If your original licenses were TLC, you will have to buy another iLok and load the V7 stuff. You will not get the room back on your current iLok until the TLC expires.

badboymusic 11-12-2009 10:57 PM

Quote:

Why are you upgrading to mercury + studio classics, when mercury + ssl equals the same plugins, but cheaper?

crizdee 11-13-2009 12:31 AM

Quote:

Hi,

You'll have to buy another ilok for the 96 auths needed for mercury+studio classics.

Did you install V7 before getting the ilok auths:eek:

Use the waves uninstaller to remove all v7 then re-install v6;)

Had to do this myself because v7 isn't very compatible with my control 24!

Chris

crizdee 11-13-2009 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by badboymusic (Post 1495853)
Why are you upgrading to mercury + studio classics, when mercury + ssl equals the same plugins, but cheaper?

If you own everything and want them into one bundle for WUP reasons then they call it the Mercury+studio classics bundle

Chris

MASTERLINKSTUDIOS 11-13-2009 05:32 AM

I already cancelled tlc yesterday so I would have full version os ssl and mercury. These are only licenses on ilok. Can't upgrade to
mercury + studio classic. Yes I upgraded to this because I will only have to pay one WUP fee per year for entire bundle. Any other help? It was too late to call waves yesterday so I will call today

crizdee 11-13-2009 06:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MASTERLINKSTUDIOS (Post 1495939)
I already cancelled tlc yesterday

Cancelled TLC? once you have TLC licenses on your ilok they are there for 3 months and no way to remove them. so a new ilok is the only way.

If you've found a way around this then let us know

Chris

badboymusic 11-14-2009 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crizdee (Post 1495875)
If you own everything and want them into one bundle for WUP reasons then they call it the Mercury+studio classics bundle

Chris

So, I can combine my Mercury and SSL into one bundle and lower my yearly WUP fee?

crizdee 11-14-2009 12:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by badboymusic (Post 1496492)
So, I can combine my Mercury and SSL into one bundle and lower my yearly WUP fee?

Hi,

Yes, you'll have to call waves sales or maybe email might do it. login into your account and contact them from your account.

Chris