Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   FireWire & USB Audio Interfaces (Win) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Issue with C400 (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=336339)

JacobKing25 03-25-2013 02:31 PM

Issue with C400

I have a strange issue with my M-Audio Fast Track C400

After having my PC running for a while, it just sort of stops working, windows realizes it's there, but audio from itunes wont play, and i get the -6006 error when trying to start Pro Tools SE. If i can get any help it would be aprreciated

EDIT: also i get it to work again by unplugging it and plugging it back in

noisywan 03-26-2013 01:02 AM

Re: Issue with Fast Track C400

That's a common issue with c400 cards.
It's audio driver causes system to hang or crashe when your system goes to power saving mode.
M-audio support claims it's normal(hangs and even BSOD on some systems) and recommends turning off powersaving.
That's how they fix it.

People thinking about buying this card should also know that it does not support recording `what you hear` in Windows 7.
It also does not support using Microsoft Sound Mapper for recording via SP-DIF.
If you are planning to work with multiple apps using SP-DIF for recording, you should avoid this card. I've used this device for 3 months and due to instability, I had to switch back to my old M-audio card, which is solid unlike c400. When multiple audio apps are running (with C400 audio driver selected as audio device) system becomes extremely "laggy". You see the hourglass mouse icon when you switch between audio apps and you have to wait for audio drivers to become active before hitting play button, as if they are getting re-initialized every time you switch apps. (none of these happen on my old MAudio card)

It works "fine" with Microsoft Sound Mapper if you are not using the SPDIF in.
Buy with caution.

JoelG 03-27-2013 05:54 AM

Re: Issue with C400

Are you using the latest drivers available for the C400?

Can you post your full system specs and have you gone through all the Optimization's?

The C400 is now supported by Avid not M-Audio, although as mentioned I still don't think the driver supports power saving.

Joel

JacobKing25 03-28-2013 07:27 PM

My system specs are

Motherboard: GA-970A-D3
Proccesor: AMD Fc-4100 Quad core @ 3.6Ghz
Memory: 12GB
Display: AMD Radeon HD 7800 Version9.12.0.0 (having issues with that too, im like a magnet for computer issues)
Sound:M-Audio C400 Version 5.10.000.6016

and I'm installing the newest driver, but I'm pretty sure i already have it

Emcha_audio 03-31-2013 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JacobKing25 (Post 2021590)
My system specs are

Motherboard: GA-970A-D3
Proccesor: AMD Fc-4100 Quad core @ 3.6Ghz
Memory: 12GB
Display: AMD Radeon HD 7800 Version9.12.0.0 (having issues with that too, im like a magnet for computer issues)
Sound:M-Audio C400 Version 5.10.000.6016

and I'm installing the newest driver, but I'm pretty sure i already have it

Please do all the optimization that is listed in the Help us Help You - READ THIS Before Posting! ( <- click on the link ) which does include turning off the usb hub power saving and other things that might come into play. Then also post a sandra report so that we have the full details of your system.

Thanks