Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Spark and digi 001 (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=37412)

billrog 10-31-2000 04:38 PM

Spark and digi 001

Is anyone using this combination? If so, how good is it? I am having lots of trouble with Bias Peak and 001 and would like to find a rock solid two track editor for mastering. Thanks

Bill.

------------------
billrog

Arno Peeters 10-31-2000 04:53 PM

Re: Spark and digi 001

Spark here... all fine.
You need a (downloadable) driver to be able to choose and adjust the 001 i/o's

IMHO Spark kicks ass compared to Peak.

------------------
Arno Peeters
Tape TV Productions

obseco 10-31-2000 05:36 PM

No problems using both Spark & Peak with 001.
Spark takes a little more time to open when using ASIO DIO.

The best of Spark: plugins. You can use VST and route the signal at your own way. Worst of it: it's too slow when editing audio. If you don't need native process go with Peak. To cut/paste a region on Spark is too boring... IMHO

E. D. Cooper 10-31-2000 07:02 PM

If you use ASIO drivers in either Spark or Peak, make sure that your Sound Control Panel is set to "built-in." In fact, you may want to consider disabling the Digi Output driver in Extension Manager.

billrog 10-31-2000 07:56 PM

Thanks for your comments. The main problem I have with Peak is stability, it often crashes or hangs. It worked better for me with the Korg 1212 card, but still not as stable as the Pro Tools software. I was hoping that Spark had better integration with the 001 system. I have heard that the latest version of Spark is now much faster which sounds promising. It would be great if Spark or Peak had direct connection to 001 rather than ASIO IMHO. I would be interested in any further experiences from users if possible.

Thanks

Bill.

obseco 11-01-2000 04:17 AM

Spark installs a Direct Connect plugin but I couldn't use it yet. And there's a TDM Master plugin for it that I don't know whtat is for.
Hearing Spark via Direct Connect doesn't give it the same stability that PT have. It simply routes the audio signal.

Perhaps you could set Sound Output of Spark to Built In, plug the main out of your Mac in Digi 3&4 and hear it enabling monitor mode.

E. D. Cooper 11-01-2000 08:36 PM

For both Peak and Spark I use the ASIO direct I/O. However, after upgrading to DAE 5.0.1, the sound output through ASIO became extremely unstable until I set the sound control panel from Digidesign to built-in. Or, better yet, disable the Digi sound output extension. Master List CD still acts strange when run through the Digi001, though.

Try Peak 2.5. It uses VIST plug-in's now. The Spark XL is quite usable, also.

billrog 11-01-2000 10:05 PM

Thanks for the replies. Spark XL looks good if the noise reduction plug ins work as advertised. Has anyone tried the new version yet?

Bill.

E. D. Cooper 11-02-2000 06:44 PM

Yes. The De-Noiser plug-in in Spark XL does work as advertised!

billrog 11-05-2000 02:35 PM

I see that 'direct connect' should work with Spark, has anyone used this rather than ASIO?

Regards

Bill.