Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   OT: hurricane chuckles (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=113350)

nikki-k 08-13-2004 11:34 AM

OT: hurricane chuckles

writing here from- GROUND ZERO!!!

I am in Cape Coral, FL- we are right where this puppy is landing as I write. Power is going on and off, trees are already being ripped from the ground, flying thru the air. Cat 4 hurricane. It has now attained the stature of being the "worst storm in the past century to hit SW Florida."

Wish me luck! If I dont blow away or float away, I'll write back when we finally get power back on.
Bye guys!

TheLP 08-13-2004 11:36 AM

Re: OT: hurricane chuckles

Good luck nikki, hope nothing happens to you, your family, or your music gear

lemix 08-13-2004 12:09 PM

Hang in there girl...
Wish you the best of luck..it's all over the news channels...

cheers from the far away and boringly calm city of Toronto...

KroNEe 08-13-2004 01:32 PM

We are in the cross hairs here in a couple of hours. we just had a tornado just a few miles from my house in the first feader band. It is dead on track for us in NW Orange County NW of Orlando. They are saying that we are looking at Cat 2 Winds here in just a little bit. Hope everything is ok for you in South FL. I just watched the eye of the storm go over Captivia (spelling?) going straght up Port Charlet Harbor 20' storm surge. GET THE SNORKELS

This thing went from a Cat 2 too a Cat 4 in like an hour!

Hang on Girl good luck, sounds like we will need a little here too................

Quote:

writing here from- GROUND ZERO!!!

I am in Cape Coral, FL- we are right where this puppy is landing as I write. Power is going on and off, trees are already being ripped from the ground, flying thru the air. Cat 4 hurricane. It has now attained the stature of being the "worst storm in the past century to hit SW Florida."

Wish me luck! If I dont blow away or float away, I'll write back when we finally get power back on.
Bye guys!

superpenguin79 08-13-2004 01:46 PM

Quote:

We are in the cross hairs here in a couple of hours. we just had a tornado just a few miles from my house in the first feader band. It is dead on track for us in NW Orange County NW of Orlando. They are saying that we are looking at Cat 2 Winds here in just a little bit. This thing went from a Cat 2 too a Cat 4 in like an hour!

Stuff from the storm is actually hitting Central Florida around Orlando?? Hmm... I think I bettered call a few friends and In-laws down there and check in...

KroNEe 08-13-2004 01:54 PM

Dude it is getting bad, The County Chairman of Orange County is on TV giving a press conferance right now as I type. They are saying we are going to take a direct hit around 11 PM with wind gust maybe 100 mph and 60-70 sustained. We are not ready and were not expecting this just 2-3 hours ago the were saying 25-35 sustained and 50-60 gust.

Quote:

Quote:

We are in the cross hairs here in a couple of hours. we just had a tornado just a few miles from my house in the first feader band. It is dead on track for us in NW Orange County NW of Orlando. They are saying that we are looking at Cat 2 Winds here in just a little bit. This thing went from a Cat 2 too a Cat 4 in like an hour!

Stuff from the storm is actually hitting Central Florida around Orlando?? Hmm... I think I bettered call a few friends and In-laws down there and check in...

superpenguin79 08-13-2004 02:59 PM

Hmm..... not good at all I do say. Take cover as fast as you can if you are in the midst of it all and be sure to cover your music gear. I haven't been able to reach the in-laws down there in the last hour or any of my friends... Have you noticed any of the phone lines cutting out or anything?

fredsparky 08-13-2004 04:54 PM

Hi Nikki!

I hope everything is OK. Looks like it hit Ft. Myers hard and just missed Tampa ( I just called a buddy in TPA) and is now heading for Jacksonville. Hope all is well.

Mike

sean shannon 08-13-2004 05:30 PM

KroNEe-
I'm in apopka, too. Brace up!!! After it's over, we should get together.

Chris Cavell 08-13-2004 07:12 PM

My sis just happens to be visiting right now...she'll be driving home to Orlando tomorrow...hope she can make it all the way. It's a hell of a drive to just have to turn around if they don't let her through. My prayers to all of you in the path leading up to Orlando.