Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools HDX & HD Native Systems (Mac) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=94)
-   -   How to exclude HDX as core audio Device... (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=401564)

TrackerLe 10-19-2018 06:10 AM

How to exclude HDX as core audio Device...

Hi Forum, I hope you can understand the title...

My Problem... I don t use the HDX Card as Core Audio Device, but the fan of my card always spins up, although i dont use the HDX Card. My Source are the internal Outputs of my Mac Pro. I want to use the HDX Card only in Protools Ultimate. How can i disable the card as Core Audio Source...
Even if i donīt use the card outside Protools, the Fan of the Card is running... If i uninstall the HD Driver, the card is quiet.

How can i tell the driver, that the card is only used in Protools. You know, the fan is very loud and if i donīt use Protools, i donīt want to hear it...
But the Fan starts to run. It doesnīt matter, if i select another Audio Output in the system settings of OSX... What can i do... Thans for help

YYR123 10-19-2018 09:17 AM

How to exclude HDX as core audio Device...

Well for the record in Windows you can set the default device for Native playback (read: core audio, OSX sound)

I haven’t used Mac in such a long time idk if you can assign functions like that for Mac.

BScout 10-19-2018 12:18 PM

Re: How to exclude HDX as core audio Device...

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrackerLe (Post 2503180)
Hi Forum, I hope you can understand the title...

My Problem... I don t use the HDX Card as Core Audio Device, but the fan of my card always spins up, although i dont use the HDX Card. My Source are the internal Outputs of my Mac Pro. I want to use the HDX Card only in Protools Ultimate. How can i disable the card as Core Audio Source...
Even if i donīt use the card outside Protools, the Fan of the Card is running... If i uninstall the HD Driver, the card is quiet.

How can i tell the driver, that the card is only used in Protools. You know, the fan is very loud and if i donīt use Protools, i donīt want to hear it...
But the Fan starts to run. It doesnīt matter, if i select another Audio Output in the system settings of OSX... What can i do... Thans for help

You can remove the CoreAudio access of the AvidAudioServer for HDX (pro tools doesn't use that for access anyway) and it won't be available to anything but Pro Tools then.

See here:
http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/e...e-Audio-on-Mac
Quote:

If you wish to uninstall the new HD Driver you can simply delete the AvidAudioServer.app file located in /Applications/Avid/AvidAudioServer/
That's all it takes (and reboot the computer so that program isn't running in the background anymore.) It will no longer show in Audio MIDI Setup or System Sounds as an option but will continue to work with Pro Tools.

TrackerLe 10-23-2018 05:27 AM

Hi BScout...

You are my hero... Thank you very much for your help.
The Tip worked. I moved the AvidAudioserver App out of the App Folder and
now the hdx card stays quiet until i use it with Protools Ultimate.
The great thing is; If i need Core Audio, Logic Pro X for example, i can start the avidaudioserver app manually and HDX comes up as Core Audio Device... Thank you

685 10-25-2018 08:05 PM

This thread helped me solve the totally opposite need. LOL

For some reason my native card stopped showing up in CoreAudio. I reinstalled the HD drivers as well as protools several times with no luck. Read through this thread, searched for the AvidAudioserver.app, double clicked it (and the AvidAudioserverlauncher.app) and it's all is back to normal. Fingers crossed

Thanks

OS 10.13.6

TrackerLe 10-29-2018 04:57 AM

Hi 685

Thats great to hear... The AvidAudioServer.app seems to be the key for core audio functionality...