Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Avid S1, S3, Dock and Control App (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=135)
-   -   Selecting track on S3 scrolls to view in Edit/Mix Window (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=401166)

leggylangdon 09-20-2018 06:21 PM

Selecting track on S3 scrolls to view in Edit/Mix Window

Does anyone know if this is possible? Or if it should be happening and there is a bug?

Essentially the opposite workflow from selecting a track with mouse in Pro Tools and the S3 then scrolls to that track (which is happening fine)

I have 'Select by Touch' in Econ Prefs selected. So then if I touch a fader on S3 the track is selected on the S3 and its also selected in Pro Tools, but the Edit/Mix window doesn't update and scroll to that track. Is that normal? If so, I think that should be changed. If I select a track on my S3 id love Pro Tools to show me the track as well.

Any thoughts, or ideas would be greatly appreciated

Cheers

Leggy :)

EddieJones 09-21-2018 09:49 AM

Re: Selecting track on S3 scrolls to view in Edit/Mix Window

There's only the Edit and Mix window Scrolls when banking at the moment..its on the list to do....

JR Fountain 09-24-2018 12:34 PM

Unless I'm missing what you are after, just hit ctrl+track sel and that'll do it.

leggylangdon 10-28-2018 10:58 AM

Eddie - Thats great to hear!

JR Fountain - Yes! That works for now and is a greta work around! I think the more streamlined version of this would be to have a pref setting of 'Select fader by touch banks Edit/Mix Window'

Thanks for your replies! :)

ViciousLullabyz 01-26-2021 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EddieJones (Post 2500517)
There's only the Edit and Mix window Scrolls when banking at the moment..its on the list to do....

Hi Eddie

Has this ever made it into a release yet?

If not, is there any other way to do the following:

Having closed folders and master vca visible only in PT. spilling master vcas and then tracks from the sub vcas. is there any way to then have them scrolled into view/opening the respective folders in PT?

EddieJones 01-26-2021 10:51 AM

This works for me if I have autobank to selected track and App banks DAW on in the Control App.

Rich Breen 01-27-2021 08:15 AM

Personally I wish that one could do this with a modifier key: select a track on the surface and edit window scrolls to it (IOW exactly what shift-ctl-click does on the edit window only selecting with the surface). I usually don't want attentioned tracks on the surface to scroll the edit window, but want to occasionally - would be great to be able to do it from the surface without changing prefs. Or perhaps I'm missing something?