Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Virtual Instruments (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   PT 2020.11 and Native Inst. issues (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=413153)

Progear 12-10-2020 01:32 PM

PT 2020.11 and Native Inst. issues

Hi All,
I'am posting this on this forum as Ni is blaming PT for this issue.
i'am having major issues with stuck midi notes when using Native Instruments Seesion Strings and there paint Samples, im sure the other sample banks would be the same.

I looked into NI and They Stated the follow:

Marcel S. @ NI

After detailed tests we found out that Pro Tools sends an incorrect Note Off after Stop.

Pro Tools doesn't send the Note Off from the actual note being played but from the next one. However, Pro Tools seems to be aware of this & sends out a CC#123 (all note off message) on all channels. That seems to be ignored by KONTAKT.

can anyone at Avid verify this or more important is there a fix for this... VERY VERY FUSTRATING

Thanks
Adam

albee1952 12-10-2020 04:26 PM

Re: PT 2020.11 and Native Inst. issues

Was NI installed long ago and your PT is a fresh update? If so, it might be worth removing NI from your system and re-installing(or at least check for updates from NI). My partner uses Kontact a lot(also on 2020.11) and has not had this issue.

Progear 12-10-2020 05:26 PM

Thanks for the info...

Kontakt Player has the latest version and I just purchased the sample libraries..

so things should all be unto date..

musicman691 12-11-2020 04:02 AM

Stuck notes with NI vi's has long been a problem for quite a few people. And it's not consistent and not just with Kontakt either. Happens in Absynth on a regular basis and Reaktor from time to time. There's no real solution and that relies mainly with NI as no other vi I know of has a stuck note problem.

As to NI's tech support - totally useless. They have zero knowledge as to how PT works.

Progear 12-11-2020 07:13 AM

Thanks for the reply..

that’s really sucks.. its very annoying and frustrating every time i press stop, i have to go searching which VI is stuck. Very frustrating and disruptive to work flow.

Really sucks for me..

Stephen Bond 12-14-2020 03:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Progear (Post 2587097)
Thanks for the reply..

that’s really sucks.. its very annoying and frustrating every time i press stop, i have to go searching which VI is stuck. Very frustrating and disruptive to work flow.

Really sucks for me..

+∞

Really sucks everything I had to deal with it :mad:

Now I come to think of it I haven't had it for a good while. I've been using a good few NI products as normal. Alicia's Keys get maybe the most use but I remember it with maybe Monark and some of the synths and never that piano?

Either way, it is a real thorn in the flesh when it happens.

Stephen