Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   macOS (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=92)
-   -   Mojave 10.14 install (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=401224)

mspin 09-25-2018 09:08 AM

Mojave 10.14 install

So far so good. I am running 12.4

TheMightyQuinn 09-25-2018 12:47 PM

Re: Mojave 10.14 install

Quote:

Originally Posted by mspin (Post 2500869)
So far so good. I am running 12.4

At the risk of high jacking this thread... ALL Mac users should download this installer today (or within the week) even if they have no immediate or future plans of using Mojave.

Doing so will allow you to upgrade to any future Mojave dot version down the road should you at some point want or need to upgrade, re-install or downgrade a new machine (assuming that is allowed...).

Once the 10.14.0 version is taken down by Apple, it will no longer be available - ever. Subsequent dot version updates will always be available.

Having this installer as a saved backup will allow you to upgrade to whatever dot version is supported by your DAW even if that ins't the latest Apple version.

mspin... thanks for the working upgrade notification!

mspin 09-26-2018 07:50 AM

Hey Quinn

Thanks for the info. Its been a couple of days since install and everything so far is good.

jryser 09-26-2018 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMightyQuinn (Post 2500896)
At the risk of high jacking this thread... ALL Mac users should download this installer today (or within the week) even if they have no immediate or future plans of using Mojave.

Doing so will allow you to upgrade to any future Mojave dot version down the road should you at some point want or need to upgrade, re-install or downgrade a new machine (assuming that is allowed...).

Once the 10.14.0 version is taken down by Apple, it will no longer be available - ever. Subsequent dot version updates will always be available.

Having this installer as a saved backup will allow you to upgrade to whatever dot version is supported by your DAW even if that ins't the latest Apple version.

Thank you / it’s on a USB in my safe now!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MKZ 09-26-2018 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMightyQuinn (Post 2500896)

Sorry. Stupid question, but where do I go if I only want to download the OS?
If you go through System Prefs and Updates, it will download and install, right?

Can you just log into the apple store with your user name (and a registered product that allows you to download Mojave)?

skizzo 09-26-2018 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MKZ (Post 2500961)
Sorry. Stupid question, but where do I go if I only want to download the OS?
If you go through System Prefs and Updates, it will download and install, right?

Can you just log into the apple store with your user name (and a registered product that allows you to download Mojave)?

Mojave did not even show up under the "updates" section of MAS for myself. I had to go to the actual Mojave MAS page. If they don't have it as a massive banner as you log in it will be under "featured" or you could search for it

It has always been how things work, which is once it is downloaded it will run the installer. However, its not like it ACTUALLY installs since it requires several user selections to even actually start the install process, such as selecting which drive you want it go onto.

DetroitT 09-26-2018 08:27 PM

Also Note for silver Mac Pro's "To install macOS Mojave, a firmware update is required."
Also consider this upgrade moves deeper into APFS Volume Format.