Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Eagles Still Touring (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=395670)

mjslakeridge 12-13-2017 05:35 PM

Eagles Still Touring

I would have thought after the death of Glenn Frey, that the Eagles would be finished. But now I see they are set to perform here in Houston at Minute Maid Park (where the Houston Astros play) in June, 2018. In the photo advertising the concert are Don, Joe and Timothy B, along with Glenn's son, and Vince Gill.

To me that is almost like the Heartbreakers performing without Tom.

What do you guy's think?

YYR123 12-13-2017 08:01 PM

Re: Eagles Still Touring

Less money to split

That’s why these guys are doing it...for the cash.

They have already done it all, they just want more money...and possibly some young groupies [emoji23][emoji23]🤩🤩

Drew Mazurek 12-14-2017 05:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YYR123 (Post 2463982)
That’s why these guys are doing it...for the cash.

Or maybe they love it? :-)

If you had a ton of money, would you all of the sudden stop recording, mixing, making music? I know I wouldn't.

And who are we to have anything to say about what other people choose to do with their finite time on this earth? So long as they're not hurting anyone of course.

AlexLakis 12-14-2017 06:00 AM

Of course its for the money, but it's not just for them. Putting on a tour like that is a payout for more than just the talent. There are hundreds of people involved both directly and indirectly from stage hands, techs, and managers to people who run charity foundations funded by band activities. A band like that is a machine...and its hard to stop just for one reason.

mjslakeridge 12-14-2017 06:11 AM

I wasn't implying that they shouldn't tour anymore, I was just surprised that they were. The initial thought that I had when Glenn died about a year ago was "sadly, that is the last we will ever see or hear from them as the Eagles". I wonder if they will produce any new songs. I think I remember Don saying when Long Road out of Eden came out about 10 years ago that probably that was their final album. In my opinion, that should have been a single rather than a double album, as some of the songs were not that strong, and they were just clearing the decks of any material they had lying around.

YYR123 12-14-2017 06:17 AM

Human nature says they still enjoy the thrill of playing live, but they enjoy cashing the checks more [emoji23]

Whatever whatever, no big deal, Bob Dylan still tours and still sells out venues- I can’t believe I missed him last year, I imagine it’s hard on the emotions for the guys sans Glenn because of all the memories but it’s a very big machine at that point

Grey 12-15-2017 06:25 AM

Its about the music, and Fans.
They don't need the money.

Voideco 12-20-2017 04:14 PM

Working for the machine wears you out. You only do that to retire on your 55th. Imagine the stress, the obligations etc etc. You don't want that on your 70th. Sucks your energy. And on that age, energy is all you do it for. Now imagine all the fans, yelling, applauding and going crazy on your performance. Plus the love they get for all their work. Now doesn't that give you energy? Isn't that all you do it for? Especially when you reached the age that the Eagles have today.

unkJE 12-21-2017 05:00 PM

Having fun keeps you young.

Joe Walsh looks way younger today than he did in the 80's!

YYR123 12-21-2017 07:44 PM

Eagles Still Touring

That’s because he got off the juice, and sobered up, true story