Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Eleven Rack (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Eleven Rack output in live situation, Bug or what? (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=340066)

darren051234 06-18-2013 08:44 PM

Eleven Rack output in live situation, Bug or what?

Alright, i know most of you are studio based Eleven Rack user, so this might be a bit net picking, but I happen to use it live pretty much all the time when my band get gigs that can provide us a sound check, so i got a question would like to ask:

I play guitar or bass in a live situation, mainly play bass with it (suprisingly). and often live sound engineers would like me to give them a DI signal of the rack, and I either run a "1/4" out to amp" to a backline bass amp as my own monitor, or ultimately let the sound guy put it through the floor wedge, or all of the above.

I was just casual practicing in my bed room, with it hooked up to a floor wedge via the "XLR Main out", and realised that my eleven rack changes the signal path in the "Out to amp" menu.
if i chose one of the output to amp option to Rig Out no cab, it changes all my output with no Cab sims regardless what output path.
I couldnt find out why it does that: my floor wedge is connected with the main out, and the settings i change for the out to amp changes my main out settings as well.
this is really freaking annoying me, is this a bug, or have i misunderstand the function of "out to amp option"?
is there a way to have "Rig out" in my main out, and remain "Rig out no Cab" in my output to amp?
Thanks!
Darren

Benoni 06-18-2013 09:19 PM

Re: Eleven Rack output in live situation, Bug or what?

Are you saying you want full Rig Out on the Mains, meaning that the cab/mic is modeled, but you want the cab/mic bypassed for the Amp Out?

pierre.pan 06-19-2013 11:40 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi,
i'm french and i have the same problem, i'm very interested in any solution

11R, to rocktron velocity300 power amp (with the two output to amp), to cab1 and cab2. (stereo, output to amp1 to channel 1 of the poweramp and the nr 2 output to amp to the channel2)

and:

11r, to mixer (with one (or two) xlr main output), and amplified cab frfr.

so i don't want the cab sim on the output to amp,
but i want it on the main output (xlr)

thanks a lot

pierre.pan 06-19-2013 11:50 AM

i precise,

on the output to amp i want the entire rig (with effects before and after the amp) exept the cab sim (as i put it bypass) and on the main output i want the entire rig with the cab sim

thanks again

Benoni 06-19-2013 01:38 PM

If you all are setting the Amp Out to Rig Out No Cab, that will bypass the cab on all outputs, even the Mains.

pierre.pan 06-19-2013 09:57 PM

yes, that's the problem, good sound in the amp or in the pa speakers, but the two together? perhaps it's not possible so i have to mic up the amp speaker and go to the mixer.

Darryl Ramm 06-19-2013 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pierre.pan (Post 2049417)
yes, that's the problem, good sound in the amp or in the pa speakers, but the two together? perhaps it's not possible so i have to mic up the amp speaker and go to the mixer.

Yep, not possible to different settings, the cab is is either globally on or off. That has been discussed here a lot in the past and something that would be nice to have. I would not hold your breath though, I unfortunately suspect our beloved Eleven Rack software is not being worked on any more.

Darryl

Benoni 06-19-2013 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm (Post 2049421)
Yep, not possible to different settings, the cab is is either globally on or off. That has been discussed here a lot in the past and something that would be nice to have. I would not hold your breath though, I unfortunately suspect our beloved Eleven Rack software is not being worked on any more.

Darryl

I'm not ready to write off the 11R yet. I'm waiting for the PT11 release to see how things shake out for this little orange box.

pierre.pan 06-20-2013 12:45 AM

Hi, thanks for the answer, so i will mic up my guitar cab!

Darryl Ramm 06-20-2013 01:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benoni (Post 2049422)
I'm not ready to write off the 11R yet. I'm waiting for the PT11 release to see how things shake out for this little orange box.

When Avid announces an actual update or when Chris Townsend posts here with a hint he is working for Avid on anything new for the Eleven Rack (the eventual AAX GUI for PT11 does not count) I will buy you a case of beer :-) Feel free to remind me at that time...

Darryl