Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Avid S4/S6 (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=120)
-   -   Assigning sends to busses and outputs? (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=376805)

Marsdy 01-17-2016 02:46 AM

Assigning sends to busses and outputs?

Apologies for what is probably another dumb S6 newbie question.

I can't find a way of routing/assigning sends to busses or outputs on the S6 itself. There doesn't appear to be any mention of how to do this in the S6 Guide.

Is this actually possible or do you have to assign a send to a bus or output in Pro Tools itself?

creativecontrol 01-17-2016 09:20 PM

Re: Assigning sends to busses and outputs?

Sends can not currently be instantiated from the S6 surface. You still have to so this in Pro Tools or within your template. This is certainly high on the list of requests along with instantiating Inserts.

Jeff

Marsdy 01-18-2016 01:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by creativecontrol (Post 2329007)
Sends can not currently be instantiated from the S6 surface. You still have to so this in Pro Tools or within your template. This is certainly high on the list of requests along with instantiating Inserts.
Jeff

Glad to hear it's on the list and I wasn't being stupid! Thanks Jeff

tyonteck 05-19-2017 09:58 AM

I am a new user to Avid S6 too and couldn't find a way to assign a send. Glad I found this thread. Has this feature been added since the last post?

creativecontrol 05-19-2017 12:51 PM

Greetings,

Unfortunately instantiation (inserts and sends) is not currently available on S6 through version 3.6. Hopefully in the near future.

Jeff

Marsdy 05-19-2017 01:10 PM

Re: Assigning sends to busses and output

Quote:

Originally Posted by creativecontrol (Post 2431379)
Greetings,

Unfortunately instantiation (inserts and sends) is not currently available on S6 through version 3.6. Hopefully in the near future.

Jeff

I'm really missing this, especially plug-in instantiation and also plug-in mapping from my C24. Expand Faders are pretty neat. However, I see them as a subset of the most used parameters of my own plug-in maps making those parameters more immediately accessible.

creativecontrol 05-19-2017 01:26 PM

Expand Faders are fantastic and not simple for Inserts - Plug-In Parameters. They can also be used to create maps for Sends, Pans, Mic Preamp parameters and more. You can also create foundational dynamics and EQ maps (green and magenta) such that any Avid or 3rd Party plug-ins of this type can be controlled in exactly the same way from the faders. Currently 8 faders (16 coming soon).

best,

Jeff

Marsdy 05-19-2017 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by creativecontrol (Post 2431389)
Expand Faders are fantastic and not simple for Inserts - Plug-In Parameters. They can also be used to create maps for Sends, Pans, Mic Preamp parameters and more. You can also create foundational dynamics and EQ maps (green and magenta) such that any Avid or 3rd Party plug-ins of this type can be controlled in exactly the same way from the faders. Currently 8 faders (16 coming soon).

best,

Jeff

Thanks Jeff

16 Expand Faders - that's certainly very welcome here!

I'd still like to see full plug-in mapping although maybe I'm in a minority here? I think I've mentioned this before but there are some plug-ins, Altiverb is a good example, were the factory mapping is all over the place. It was on the C|24 too except I could remap the whole thing so parameters were more logically grouped etc.