Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools 10 (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=91)
-   -   Reaper crash on exit (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=315407)

S.TaylorRCC 01-11-2012 04:57 PM

Reaper crash on exit

Reaper crashes when I exit the program while it's rewired. I tried de-activating it in the insert tab, it does it everytime. It makes it so I can't exit pro tools after, It locks up pro tools saying "close rewire application", forcing me to restart my computer:confused:

filosofem 01-11-2012 05:17 PM

Re: Reaper crash on exit

Have you reported this to Cockos? What version of Reaper? OSX or WIN?

spenner 01-11-2012 05:34 PM

This has been the case for some before PT10. To prevent it from happening, close everything as follows:

Save Reaper session >> Close Reaper session >> Close Reaper >> Save PT session >> Deactivate the Reaper ReWire plugs in PT if you want but not necessary >> Close PT session >> Close PT

If you are experiencing this then closing it any other way can cause the crash.

S.TaylorRCC 01-11-2012 05:35 PM

windows 7 x64, no I havn't reported, I saw a couple of posts about it on the web.. saying to de-activate the insert. Someone also said that it was happening when he was using the x64 bit version of reaper. I have the current version 4.14.

edit: Thanks Spenner I'm going to try that procedure, so for only "some" this is a problem, yours exits fine ?

S.TaylorRCC 01-11-2012 05:58 PM

Thank you Spenner that fixed my problem.

filosofem 01-11-2012 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spenner (Post 1888768)
Save Reaper session >> Close Reaper session >> Close Reaper >> Save PT session >> Deactivate the Reaper ReWire plugs in PT if you want but not necessary >> Close PT session >> Close PT

Yeah, standard procedure for any ReWire Client.

spenner 01-11-2012 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by filosofem (Post 1888780)
Yeah, standard procedure for any ReWire Client.

Right. OTOH I can just click x to close Reaper first on my laptop and the crash never happens. It's that way that gets me on the desktop even though I'm still closing Reaper first.

TOM@METRO 01-11-2012 08:33 PM

If I forget to save and close Reaper first, I hafta shut it down in Task Manager.:eek:

spenner 01-12-2012 05:57 AM

Same here. The good news is it is preventable and only happens only once or twice a month during a hasty close.

TOM@METRO 01-12-2012 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spenner (Post 1888935)
Same here. The good news is it is preventable and only happens only once or twice a month during a hasty close.

Right.