Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Avid VS Digidesign (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=285522)

andre67 11-05-2010 01:47 AM

Avid VS Digidesign

Avid should have kicked Digi's bud along time ago, clearly visible that Avid get thing done not like Digi, PTS 9?........well would have never thought this day would be so soon...MP3, OMF, ADC......more tracks.......and loads other stuff.

I am glad LE systems now can use other hardware Avid well done AVID.....nice one. My only question is why have just now have you take over, you guys should have done this years ago and kicked Digi.

You guys are just in time many of my friends would have jump ship, to Logic audio. The 3 main reasons was MP3, OMF, Video time code which one have to buy all there plugins where as Logic have all that on board.

I am a PTS man, so I am happy I do not have to change or jump ship so to speak. I have made a great investment into Pro Tools did not want to lose that. For your USA guys is possible not a big deal, however us in other countries are exchange rates make Pro Tools very expensive.

This is the best news in years Avid well done!!!!!

albee1952 11-05-2010 07:40 AM

Re: Avid VS Digidesign

Its plenty good news for us in the USA too. I guess the company had to clear out a lot of old people/process/attitude to get to this point. I applaud them:rolleyes:

TOM@METRO 11-05-2010 07:48 AM

It was time for them to go, the faith is returning. The response to this release is very good to see.

sunburst79 11-05-2010 08:20 AM

Avid made some changes that were controversial at the time. Or at least led to a lot of internet discussion and speculation. It looks like they actually had a plan and some vision. And dare I say the cojones to make it happen?

Hats off to Gary Greenfield and the board, the product planners, the coders and Beta testers for making what I consider probably the single most important PT upgrade ever.

5xx 11-05-2010 10:02 AM

Good job Avid. :D

Shan 11-05-2010 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andre67 (Post 1691456)
Avid should have kicked Digi's bud along time ago,

I completely agree!! Digidesign was nothing but a group always in fear of change. At the end of the day, their ridiculous business policies had to get abandoned, as they were an epic fail that clearly didn't work. They did nothing but pi** off the user base BIG time. The new changes from Avid are worthy of applause. As far as Digidesign and it's old guard goes, good riddance to it. I hope to never see Digidesign and it's old modus operandi ever again. Digidesign, you were an epic fail that couldn't even deliver ADC in the decade that you were in control of PT LE. That's pretty pathetic to say the least. At least some of the fresh new crew at Avid can deliver to the requests of the users base, something Digidesign couldn't do whatsoever.

Shane

TOM@METRO 11-05-2010 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shan (Post 1693044)
I completely agree!! Digidesign was nothing but a group always in fear of change. At the end of the day, their ridiculous business policies had to get abandoned, as they were an epic fail that clearly didn't work. They did nothing but pi** off the user base BIG time. The new changes from Avid are worthy of applause. As far as Digidesign and it's old guard goes, good riddance to it. I hope to never see Digidesign and it's old modus operandi ever again. Digidesign, you were an epic fail that couldn't even deliver ADC in the decade that you were in control of PT LE. That's pretty pathetic to say the least. At least some of the fresh new crew at Avid can deliver to the requests of the users base, something Digidesign couldn't do whatsoever.

Shane

Gee Shane, do you have an opinion? :D

Of course I agree.

Shan 11-05-2010 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TOM@METRO (Post 1693053)
Gee Shane, do you have an opinion? :D

Of course I agree.

I really should write that ebook, "A Decade of the DUC". :D

Shane

joethfc 11-05-2010 06:14 PM

The lack of educational discount goes against them.

surfengine 11-05-2010 06:51 PM

digi's lack of concern to support windows users (some 90% of computer users) drove me away 5 years ago.
but back and hoping avid will take a look at the market.