Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Eleven Rack (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Eleven Rack - Standalone - No sound on startup (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=273395)

schristie 05-05-2010 07:52 AM

Eleven Rack - Standalone - No sound on startup

Hey all - new to the forum and Eleven rack. I tried seaching and didnt find much on the problem I'm having with my new 11R.

When I run in stand alone mode with input set to guitar, output to full rig and nothing muted that I can find I'm having an issue.

When I turn on the unit, it goes through a start up routine and most of the time I get nothing...no signal recognized at the input...no sound, no tuner function...

If I turn the 11R off and on several times, eventually it works fine.

I've tried several cables to make sure that it wasn't an issue with a cable.

It is brand new fresh out of the box and it appears that it came pre-loaded with latest firmware.

Any suggestions?

bender-offender 05-05-2010 10:59 AM

Re: Eleven Rack - Standalone - No sound on startup

If you feel you've minimized the problem to the Eleven Rack I suggest calling tech support. I had some problems with my ER when first purchased and tech support helped me out big time. I think they do an awesome job.

schristie 05-05-2010 11:59 AM

Man, I was really hoping someone had "magic" button that I could push to fix my problem.

At the end of the day, this doesnt give me a sense of secuirty with the unit so an exchange seems the best route since I haven't registered the product or opened the software yet.

Thanks for the reply,
Steve

bluegate 05-05-2010 01:25 PM

Try a memory reset.
Go to the User Settings and reset the memory.

schristie 05-06-2010 05:24 AM

Thanks for the tip...memory reset seemed to do the trick.

bluegate 05-06-2010 09:01 AM

Great, now you can enjoy it like we do :p

fotat 05-08-2010 05:39 AM

I have the same problem !!!
and sometimes, the time to be running +/- 5 minutes, turns off the sound, no sound on ouputs !!! a drama if you're playing live :eek:

Solutions are closing the power and start again !

I try to do a reset the memory to see if I'm lucky ...:cool:

thanks

starflyer425 05-11-2010 11:46 PM

I'm having the same problem. Standalone mode; takes 3-4 power on/off cycles before I get any sound. Mine came with ~100 presets from Sweetwater; if I try the memory reset, will 11R erase all the presets?

madgt621 05-12-2010 05:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by starflyer425 (Post 1607298)
I'm having the same problem. Standalone mode; takes 3-4 power on/off cycles before I get any sound. Mine came with ~100 presets from Sweetwater; if I try the memory reset, will 11R erase all the presets?

i'm not sure if the Sweetwater presets will be erased, but you can just save the presets to your computer. If you reset, and the Sweetwater presets are erased, just load them back in from your computer.

fotat 05-13-2010 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by starflyer425 View Post

yes, all user preset are return to factory initial.

be sure you have a copy of your presets in your hard disk :D