Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools 9 (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   Thanks Avid! (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=289303)

raven12u 12-07-2010 02:40 PM

Thanks Avid!

Just wanted to say thanks for Pro Tools 9. And, for the new Mbox 2 Pro drivers, which are working great. I noticed that sometimes the forum gets awfully negative (people get frustrated) and I just wanted to balance it out a little bit. Thanks Avid for great software. Amen:-)

oulablank 12-07-2010 02:52 PM

Re: Thanks Avid!

I agree ! Even though today I was one of the frustrated ( which is rare ) and still am due to other issues that are now being resolved by tech support , PRO TOOLS 9 IS THE SMOOTHEST VERSION OF PRO TOOLS I'VE EVER HAD ON MY CPUS ! BOTH PLATFORMS !

matocaster1202 12-07-2010 03:49 PM

I agree! The installer could have gone a bit smoother for me, but after I got it, it has been incredibly stable! A very well done job by all at Avid!

Obsidian Dragon 12-07-2010 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oulablank (Post 1717504)
I agree ! Even though today I was one of the frustrated ( which is rare ) and still am due to other issues that are now being resolved by tech support , PRO TOOLS 9 IS THE SMOOTHEST VERSION OF PRO TOOLS I'VE EVER HAD ON MY CPUS ! BOTH PLATFORMS !

So it sounds like Tech Support finally contacted you right? It looks like all your threads got deleted. Hopefully you get your issue sorted out.

oulablank 12-11-2010 04:52 PM

Yes and no . The one that matters ( proper function ) - YES
Being able to articulate exactly why for other users who might need this one day - NO .
I'm working on it but for now I have to play catch up . Music first so long as everything is stable right ?
I'll post more as soon as I dig deeper now that I have 1 working and 1 from a cloned drive that doesnt . I'm going to A / B all of the specs after the weekend and see what differences I can find .

AGAIN , THANKS AVID ! WHAT A COMEBACK ! Who wants to move over to Logic now ? Not me !

justus1900 12-11-2010 05:29 PM

Thank you AVID... IM working on a new song my first fully Pro Tools 9 session and IM Mixing 64 Tracks right now in 48Khz/24bit with 2 TL Space Reverbs with a total of 13 Aux Tracks and my system is running smooth as day. Plus the ADC is working out great the Phase on my Mix is right on, My CPU meter has not gone above 30% yet. This Pro Tools 9 is stable and strong, I love it, Thank you AVID.

Kenmillerjr 12-11-2010 08:43 PM

Yeah...oftentimes folks call out the negative too much. Thanks for all you do AVID. I have never had a problem with any of your hardware. I actually prefer it over others...and have for some time now. From a live audio console to a HD System to a little dinky M-Box. Thanks all around. You have got my support.