Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools 2019 (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   Plugin Window Disappears if I select another Track (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=405128)

Markrosoft 06-07-2019 02:12 PM

Plugin Window Disappears if I select another Track

Either updating to 2019.5 or deleting my preferences is causing something I've never experienced: if I open a plugin window and then just select a different track (NOT another plug-in, but literally just select another TRACK) the plugin window I opened disappears.

So, just to make this clear... I open Kontakt on a track called Piano. Then I just click on a track called cello and my Kontakt piano disappears.

This never used to happen and for the life of me can't find where the setting is to change this back to the normal behavior - a plugin window stays open until you close it or open another plugin. I know I can click the red box to leave the plugin open but again, I'm looking to return it to the default behavior.

Does anyone know where this preference can be changed?? Thank you for your help!!

BScout 06-07-2019 02:47 PM

Re: Plugin Window Disappears if I select another Track

It has to do with Eucon. Do you use a Eucon controller (is it turned on in Peripherals)? There are a lot of options now on how plugin windows (and pan and send and etc.) operate when a track is brought to attention.

You just need to go through them to find what works for you in Eucontrol.

Markrosoft 06-09-2019 08:12 AM

Thank you - you are totally right. For anyone else coming across this problem, you just go into EuControl Settings -> General -> and then unclick "Close Windows on Workstation When Exiting."

Thanks again BScout.

glennaudio 07-25-2019 12:32 PM

thanks for this solution. this was driving me crazy!!!

DAWgEAR 07-25-2019 09:30 PM

Thanks from me too!

Eric Lambert 07-26-2019 12:42 PM

And there are many of us who are seeing this behavior randomly. There was a thread about it when 2019.5 was first released. A Eucon update around that time did help but unfortunately it's back again.

magnumpraw 07-31-2019 11:02 AM

Holy smokes, thank you!! This has been driving me insane!

Dizzi45Z 10-15-2019 10:48 AM

Yeah, this has been driving me crazy for 5 months! I checked EuControl Settings a bunch of times and didn't see the setting. That preference should be renamed from "Close Windows on Workstation when Exiting." To "Close plug-in Windows when selecting another track".

I'm so glad someone figured out what setting that was.

jasperbhome 12-09-2019 02:38 PM

This just started happening for me with Eucon 19.12.0.71. Thanks for figuring this out!

heykenny 01-06-2020 03:36 PM

Thank you!! This was driving me crazy. Just started happening and I looked everywhere in Pro Tools with no luck. Never considered it might be in EuCon.