Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   9094 errors.. Please Help. Thanks in advance. (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=76259)

Smelt 07-31-2003 03:54 PM

9094 errors.. Please Help. Thanks in advance.

I'm sorry to bother again, but I just don't know what to do anymore.

I'm getting 9094, 9093 errors. Never got this before. I've got a basic project setup, with one audio stereo file. I've got 5 midi tracks going into that audio.....the drumkit from hell and the dr008. I've just been messing around with the DFH, and I have about 1 minute of midi...nothing fancy, basic drum beats.

It won't play, it gives me a 9094 or 9093 error. It waits about 15 seconds before giving me this error, and I see the little red light on my computer case going off.... I assume that means the computer is choking.

Here's my system:
CPU: AMD Thunderbird XP 2700
O/S: Windows XP Home Edition
Mobo: Gigabyte Ga7Va, with the latest bios
Ram: DDR PC2100, 512 megs
Hard Drive1: W.Digital 20gig, with WindowsXP and all my software, including the Drumkit from Hell samples
Hard Drive2: W.Digital 80gig special edition, for the ProTools audio only

1) I went to www.musicxp.net, and made sure that I streamlined XP to run the most efficiently. Actually, I only found a couple of tweaks that I never did before.

2) I changed the H/W buffer and CPU limit up up and up, kept getting the error.

3) I made sure no programs were running in the background. No virus software, no network card...

4) I used Adaware to assure that my system was free of spyware.

5) I muted all but one midi track....same problem.

6) I defragged twice, and scandisk. No errors.

7) I turned on the CPU monitor, and the gauge barely shows anything. That makes sense, because the song never starts playing.

================================================== ========

So is this a RAM issue?
Should my samples be on another hard drive?

The computer was not doing this when I was running audio, 7-8 tracks at a time. The computer just started choking when I began using the Drumkit from Hell/ dr008.

One day I'm penciling in midi notes, playing back. The next day I try to open the track and play...."9094" The only other thing I did was add more samples onto the drumkit pads....but I never used them, they're just on the screen.

Any help is appreciated. Thank you for your time.

Smelt 08-01-2003 05:59 AM

Re: 9094 errors.. Please Help. Thanks in advance.

bump [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

jim jedlicka 08-01-2003 05:16 PM

I just installed 6.1 the other day and I'm pretty much getting the same problems and more. And....I know everything in my computer is in full top shape. I was getting so frustrated I started changing the dma and udma modes but that didn't help ,still getting the best performance in udma mode 5 ,not a suprise there. I have my audio on a second hard drive so it's most likely not a problem you don't have the samples your using on another drive. Obviously by your post of what cpu chip your running I'm now convinced it's not a cpu problem. I'm only running a 1 gig coppermine. When I first installed 6.1 I would just press play with no audio ,no midi ,and a 1024 buffer size and I would still get those errors. So I did pretty much everything you mentioned above and it's still doing pretty badly compared to 5.3.1 . Although in Logic I can run a crap load of tracks with high cpu hog vst's and I don't really have a problem even with a 128 buffer size. Although the one thing I did do that seemed to have fixed things a little bit is I disabled a setting in "appearance" -effects on the right click desk top menu. In the new Digidesign manual they tell you do to disable one of those settings in that menu ,so I disabled them all. But I'm still not getting anywhere near the performance I should be getting. So if anyone has any ideas that for some bizarre chance we overlooked ,let us know. Thanks.

Smelt 08-02-2003 12:43 AM

a polite bump [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Smelt 08-02-2003 07:50 AM

bump.

Glad to know I'm not the only one with this
issue, Jim. I posted on the DFH forum, but
the guys there use Battery almost exclusively
it seems. No point in switching to that, when
we have a superior program (I think). Anyway,
the DFH forum is not as active as Digi's site,
so response is slow. Any help from people here
is greatly appreciated.

Smelt 08-02-2003 10:17 PM

another friendly bumpety bump bump

Smelt 08-03-2003 05:25 PM

BUMP

I feel like I'm in a disco with all the
bumping I'm doing [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Smelt 08-04-2003 04:13 AM

Anyone out here?
bump

Haigbabe 08-04-2003 06:15 AM

Greetings Smelt.

Have you done the "Search the DUC" on this one? Might be drive drivers etc.

Other than that I can't offer much help.

Best regards,

Haigbabe....

(Bump)

markus44uk 08-04-2003 06:49 AM

Are you running both hard drives on the same IDE cable? If so, try putting System drive on IDE1 and Audio drive on IDE2 on the motherboard using separate IDE cables. If you have a CD drive connected, then just disconnect it for now.