Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools 2020 (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=160)
-   -   Bounce to Quicktime/Catalina (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=410804)

SomeOtherGuy 06-17-2020 05:13 PM

Bounce to Quicktime/Catalina

Would appreciate some clarity from Avid on this (if they have already commented and I missed it, then I'm sorry to bring it up again).

Regarding the inability of bouncing to a Quicktime or other movie format in 2020.5.0 under Catalina; is this something that will be fixed/implemented very soon, or is it something that will take as much as a year or more?

I'm happy to invest in other solutions such as Video Slave, etc., if there's no fix coming soon.

Thanks--

sweetbabysims 07-03-2020 06:40 PM

Re: Bounce to Quicktime/Catalina

+1

This is very important to my workflow as well! Thanks for any/all info!

Ernst Cliné 08-30-2020 01:45 PM

+1

I'be been playing with Shutter, and OK - you can get it to work, but this functionality should indeed be HIGH on Avid's priority list!

JFreak 08-30-2020 05:43 PM

Past history shows Avid will announce the feature when it is ready for release, not before. Asking for a roadmap is futile :eek:

EarHole 08-31-2020 09:05 PM

I've been using FFWorks. It's some added steps in the workflow but once you get used to it it's fine.
I made prestes, drop mp4 in, export mxf, load into PT. Bonce out an audio files the exact legnth as the movie file.
Open the mp4 in ffworks and attach the new audio file from PT. Make new mp4.

podusa 09-01-2020 01:06 AM

+1

jhorsley 09-08-2020 11:37 AM

Re: ARA: They really just don't know how to do this, do they.

Does anyone have any information about being able to "bounce to quicktime" functionality returning to Pro Tools? I was shocked that this seemingly basic feature was not possible with Pro Tools and Catalina. I know about the workarounds, I don't need those links please. Thank you.

sweetbabysims 09-08-2020 05:47 PM

Re: ARA: They really just don't know how to do this, do they.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jhorsley (Post 2577370)
Does anyone have any information about being able to "bounce to quicktime" functionality returning to Pro Tools? I was shocked that this seemingly basic feature was not possible with Pro Tools and Catalina. I know about the workarounds, I don't need those links please. Thank you.

Yes please, +1. Post Production audio community is in need.

PasteEater 09-08-2020 07:01 PM

+1

This is the (now missing) feature that's most important to me. Catalina has been out for nearly a year, and everyone has known for at least two or three years that Apple was pulling the plug on 32-bit software compatibility. This needs to be addressed immediately.

Eric Lambert 09-08-2020 09:26 PM

QuickTime movs are generally hard to work with in Catalina. With QT7-Pro completely out of the picture now, extracting and adding audio to QT movs is a challenge. It can be done, but it was such a simple thing with QT7, and now, apparently, the difficulty extends into Bounce-To-QuickTime as well.