Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Licensing & Accounts (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=143)
-   -   Renewed Upgrade Plan - not renewed in iLok (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=397714)

robert-morton 03-06-2018 05:34 PM

Renewed Upgrade Plan - not renewed in iLok

I have an Open Case about this (03415303), but that case is getting no love (no attention). It was started on the last day my 7-day installation support was active.

In these forums I've seen many many posts where clients have renewed and there is nothing available in their iLok accounts, so I imagine this is my problem. In some of those cases I see where an actual Avid tech gets involved and says, "Okay, I've put it there." Then the client can bring the activation in iLok to life again.

I'm hoping that my "Pro Tools with Annual Upgrade Plan" product (Perpetual Product) that shows in my Avid account as active until Feb. 20, 2019 can have for it whatever it is Avid needs to do so it is available for me to synch/update my iLok account on my computer with what is available in my iLok account in the cloud (or wherever that is).

robert-morton 03-06-2018 06:03 PM

Re: Renewed Upgrade Plan - not renewed in iLok

2 Attachment(s)
I am going to attach two images. One is just an image from an answer in another thread because it hints at what my issue is (without the iLok updated I get alerts about the Space (reverb) plugin, but I can just cancel and open a song project with the Space insert there, but not active - and trying to add a new Space reverb insert results in an alert again).
The other image is what my iLok account looks like.
Hoping this clarifies and helps, possibly an Avid worker. Like I said, my "Case" has gotten no attention in days...

jeffro 03-06-2018 07:07 PM

Welcome to the community.

Will check in with the rep on your case, but it's the same thing as the post you referenced.

You renewed your Pro Tools with Annual Upgrade Plan which provides new Pro Tools releases. You'll see these in my.avid.com/products and Application Manager, and your Pro Tools Perpetual license was updated with a Release Limit to match your Annual Upgrade Plan.

The Pro Tools Plan iLok license is a subscription license included with a Plug-Ins and Support Plan. This was $99/yr to renew. We're now offering a better alternative with our Complete Plug-Ins Bundle since that includes more plug-ins at half the cost.

The Upgrades license shown in your account was originally included starting in Pro Tools 12.0 but never implemented. You can deactivate that and right+click > Hide to get it out of the main list in iLok License Manager.

robert-morton 03-07-2018 09:49 PM

Thank you much, jeffro. You made good sense of all this and with the purchase of the Complete Plug-Ins Bundle, all is well - Pro Tools, the Plug-Ins, iLok... I did update the case with this "all good" update. Bret had been the rep, and maybe he could benefit from your more direct explanation. If he sees the case again he'll see that I say A-Okay to close it.