Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (http://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   VENUE Live Sound Systems (http://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   D-Verb Mono and 1in2 not sharing DSP on s3l-x? (http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=380100)

Karel Noon 04-18-2016 04:49 PM

D-Verb Mono and 1in2 not sharing DSP on s3l-x?

Is it correct that the DVerb mono and DVerb 1in 2out will not share a DSP?

If that is the case is there any chance of an update?

Or is there finally another good reverb for the S3L-X that is low on DSP?

RyanJ 04-26-2016 12:24 PM

Re: D-Verb Mono and 1in2 not sharing DSP on s3l-x?

By design most reverb plugins use a hefty amount of onboard memory, and subsequently can't share most of the time.

This unfortunately also means that an instance of stereo, 1 in - 2 out and an instance of mono are considered different plugin types.

Almost all reverb plugins will be pretty heavy on DSP, but if you're going to go heavy, I would highly recommend checking out the sonnox verb, that thing is ridiculously tasty. I know that's not the solution you were hoping for, so as I continue to pursue heavily getting developers onto the live sound platform, I will absolutely keep that in mind.

Karel Noon 04-26-2016 03:26 PM

Yeah, not 100% what I was looking for, because you can run so many instances of dverb I have it patched to some Chanel's and I only need one extra as send/return. It is a big waste of DSP putting one dverb on one....

But maybe we will get the other DSP for us to use? :-)

RyanJ 04-27-2016 09:43 AM

Im hoping so! But also don't forget 96k without dropping channel count would require more DSP processing also!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karel Noon (Post 2352887)
Yeah, not 100% what I was looking for, because you can run so many instances of dverb I have it patched to some Chanel's and I only need one extra as send/return. It is a big waste of DSP putting one dverb on one....

But maybe we will get the other DSP for us to use? :-)

Karel Noon 04-27-2016 10:49 AM

I Really don't care about 96k ;) I hope it will be an option and not a fixed feature.
I would rather go for more busses and more DSP for FX

HLD 04-27-2016 11:24 AM

I am with Karel on this. Rather busses or fx. Or best, a choice between them.

RyanJ 04-27-2016 11:55 AM

I totally understand that, I also understand customers wanting to run shared io between S3L and S6L which would mean matching sample rate between the two systems.

Both are totally valid, and important workflows, and I would love to support both.

Amplitude 04-28-2016 12:17 AM

Reading between the lines, I think I got my answer there ;-)