Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Tips & Tricks (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Easter egg? (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=393021)

lemmma 08-12-2017 09:56 AM

Easter egg?

I saw a facebook post from someone who works at Avid talking about some kind of Easter egg in 12.8 - or maybe it's not out yet I don't know - she was very cryptic about it, and then the comment was deleted when I went looking for it - it wasn't up for very long. Something about writing some code word into the comments field on a track and then showing the panner, but I can't get it to work in 12.8. I tried a bunch of random words but I think its just might be because I don't have surround. Anyway I'm a first time poster just wanted to see if anyone has seen this or knows how to make it work. - lemmma

Pro Tools 12.8
Focusrtie Scarlett
PreSonus MP20

john1192 08-12-2017 11:55 AM

Re: Easter egg?

Quote:

Originally Posted by lemmma (Post 2444841)
I saw a facebook post from someone who works at Avid talking about some kind of Easter egg in 12.8 - or maybe it's not out yet I don't know - she was very cryptic about it, and then the comment was deleted when I went looking for it - it wasn't up for very long. Something about writing some code word into the comments field on a track and then showing the panner, but I can't get it to work in 12.8. I tried a bunch of random words but I think its just might be because I don't have surround. Anyway I'm a first time poster just wanted to see if anyone has seen this or knows how to make it work. - lemmma

Pro Tools 12.8
Focusrtie Scarlett
PreSonus MP20

if it is the Panner it is HD .. so maybe someone with HD will chime in here .. i am NOn-HD too...

TrentWilliams 08-12-2017 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by john1192 (Post 2444862)
if it is the Panner it is HD .. so maybe someone with HD will chime in here .. i am NOn-HD too...

What's the word you type? I can try it

john1192 08-12-2017 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trent W. (Post 2444878)
What's the word you type? I can try it

sorry, i did not say i knew what it was .. i said i do not have HD either ... and if it said the "Panner".. that is an HD feature for surround ..

lemmma 08-12-2017 06:21 PM

I don't know either I just tried every word related to PT I could think of, I also tried them all backwards because that was how an easter egg worked in a game I played long ago. -lemmma

amagras 08-12-2017 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lemmma (Post 2444841)
Pro Tools 12.8
Focusrtie Scarlett
PreSonus MP20

We will need a Sandra report ;)
Welcome to the forum!

lemmma 08-12-2017 06:43 PM

What is a Sandra Report? I searched for it and found lots of mentions of it, but no real explanation of what it is. Thx.

amagras 08-12-2017 08:24 PM

It was a joke. Windows users need to provide a complete report of their system generated by this software in order to get help here, Sandra stands for "System*ANalyser,*Diagnostic and*Reporting*Assistant"

panamajack 08-13-2017 05:22 AM

It is a combination keystroke to evoke the pass code input box, then carefully enter your secret pass code. If you misspell your pass code, all your iLok licenses are moved into your trash can. If you misspell your pass code a second time, your iLok licenses are permanently deleted and your system drive receives a Level 42 low-level format (zeros and ones are overwritten seven times).

musicman691 08-13-2017 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by panamajack (Post 2444938)
It is a combination keystroke to evoke the pass code input box, then carefully enter your secret pass code. If you misspell your pass code, all your iLok licenses are moved into your trash can. If you misspell your pass code a second time, your iLok licenses are permanently deleted and your system drive receives a Level 42 low-level format (zeros and ones are overwritten seven times).

Surely you jest ;) :rolleyes: