Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Third Party Interfaces (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=53)
-   -   PT 10. Faderport 8. PT Recognizes HUI but no display, faders don't recall... (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=406624)

razorgaze 10-07-2019 09:23 AM

PT 10. Faderport 8. PT Recognizes HUI but no display, faders don't recall...

Everything's been running great and then about a week ago the faderport 8 stopped displaying info in the LCD, recalling fader positions when launching sessions, some lights work, some don't.

Oddly, all the buttons work. When I touch a fader, the DAW fader in PT suddenly jumps to the current position of the hardware fader and then follows motion.

I've factory reset, uninstalled/reinstalled drivers, uninstalled my scarlett 18i20, reinstalled pro tools, swapped out usb cable, tried different ports.

Here's the weird thing. If I boot the faderport into studio 1 mode, everything works perfectly - display, lights, etc.

I've looked everywhere! The ONLY thing different is i added my piano sustain pedal to the footswitch to start/stop playback. thinking this might be the issue, i've disconnected several times and still the same issue.

is there something in pro tools that i've turned off by mistake?

thanks!

DetroitT 10-14-2019 02:54 PM

Re: PT 10. Faderport 8. PT Recognizes HUI but no display, faders don't recall...

Is Eucon enabled?
That would eliminate audio meters/HUI but not faders unless Eucon is controlling elsware

razorgaze 10-14-2019 03:15 PM

Re: PT 10. Faderport 8. PT Recognizes HUI but no display, faders don't recall...

It's not checked but when I try to select it, it says no hardware. Oddly, i clicked on the VENUE tab and under advanced network settings, there's IP and port info populated. I don't have a venue system, unless this is a default? I can't seem to remove the info

junkgear 10-15-2019 05:17 AM

Double check that you have the right midi ports selected in the HUI section of PT. It's pretty easy for the FP8, but maybe something changed.

If not, maybe unselect HUI in PT, exit, restart PT and select the FP8 again.

razorgaze 10-15-2019 07:53 AM

ah, if only that was the solution. So, i've uninstalled/reinstalled pro-tools - hell, I even wiped my OS and started over. Nothing. I spoke to presonus and they say it's not hardware related since when i boot into the studio one mode, everything works as intended.

It has to be hardware related, no?

albee1952 10-15-2019 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by razorgaze (Post 2541358)

It has to be hardware related, no?

The fact that it works in Studio One suggests the hardware is fine. Is there a factory reset option for the FP? Or maybe review the settings in Pro Tools Peripherals?:o It would also be worth trying another USB cable.

razorgaze 10-15-2019 08:30 AM

yes, reset and tried multiple cables. Here is my theory - the probs started when I incorporated the foot pedal.

The reset is interesting. It reverts to the original firmware. From there the software, when installed, alerts you to the availability of new firmware.

What i've been thinking is remove the foot pedal, reset, don't update the firmware and see if i get a different outcome.