Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools 10 (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=91)
-   -   Unable to locate hardware. Mbox mini. (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=316564)

Sears 01-31-2012 09:31 AM

Unable to locate hardware. Mbox mini.

Hello all who can help.

I recently purchased a Pro Tools 9 + Mbox mini bundle with free PT 10 upgrade. Everything was working fine until today. When i try to boot up Pro Tools 10 it says it is unable to locate hardware. I've tried placing plug-ins in the unused folder, tried reinstalling device drivers, changing the USB slots and reinstalling PT 10. But whatever i do it won't recognise my Mbox, everything else on my PC does. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sears 01-31-2012 09:54 AM

Re: Unable to locate hardware. Mbox mini.

Okay, i uninstalled PT 10 and installed PT 9 and it still can't find my Mbox. I really need to get it working. Thanks for any help anybody can give.

Obsidian Dragon 01-31-2012 10:41 AM

I'd start with trying a different USB cable. Next is to hold down the "N" key when Protools starts to see if you can select the Mbox Mini. Double check to make sure you did not load the wrong driver. "Mbox2 Family" as opposed to "Mbox3Mini" if I remember.

Sears 01-31-2012 11:56 AM

I unistalled the mbox drivers and installed the latest and that seems to have worked for Pro Tools 9. Once i've finished this current project tomorrow I will reinstall 10 to see if it will work.

Do you press N as soon as you click on pro tools?

Obsidian Dragon 01-31-2012 02:21 PM

Hold down the "N" key as soon as the Protools splash screen appears until the playback preferences appears.

Logos572 02-02-2012 03:06 AM

Hello.
I have exactly the same problem as Sears (setup / sudden, unexplained failure only with Pro Tools) - even happened at exactly the same time!
Have also tried all the above with no joy.

Any further assistance would be greatly appreciated.

rotpac 02-19-2012 02:50 PM

Same prob here with mbox 3rd gen/tool 10. Holding "N" does not do anything. It won't let me unistall 10 to reinstall. Tried all those other fixes already....

lleb 02-19-2012 03:17 PM

Same problem with my mbox pro 3 and pro tools 10............

crispin_glover 02-24-2012 07:34 AM

Mbox Pro 3, Pro Tools 10, MacBook Pro, Mac OS X 10.6.8

Can run iTunes through Mbox Pro but can't get Pro Tools to play sound through it. Pro Tools only comes out of my headphone jack or internal speakers (which freaked me out since I just upgraded from PT 7.4 where this was impossible).

Managed to see the 8 Mbox Pro inputs in Pro Tools Hardware Setup after checking the Mbox Pro box under Aggregate I/O in Audio Midi Setup, restared computer and still no luck. I expect that I'll be able to see the Mbox Pro as an option under Hardware Setup, no? Because only aggregate is there now.

My 002 has been running flawlessly in PT 10 on my Mac Pro, is there an Mbox 3 Pro configuration guide somewhere? Surely there's something basic that's being missed.

crispin_glover 02-24-2012 07:50 AM

Apparently I need to select the Mbox in setup-->playback engine, which I haven't done yet. I've only been messing with hardware setup and audio-midi setup. I'll report back if this works as it may help others.