Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Artist Series (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   PT11 + EuCon 3 -> Lost Custom SoftKey pages from PT 10 (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=342564)

ApotheKerry 07-30-2013 11:55 AM

PT11 + EuCon 3 -> Lost Custom SoftKey pages from PT 10

Hi all.

I just installed PT 11HD, PT 10.3.6HD & Eucon 3 onto my MacPro 4,1 running 10.8.4. MC/Artist Control running Eucon.

When I boot PT 10, I have the 2 pages of custom Soft Keys I programmed months ago. When I launch PT 11 those 2 pages are bank/reset. I understand that Eucon sees the 2 programs as different (11 vs 10) but is there any way to export/import/transfer my 2 laboriously-programmed pages so that I can use them in PT 11?

I appreciate any thoughts. I have already parsed the manual and the forum trying to find a solution.

GW 07-31-2013 02:13 AM

Re: PT11 + EuCon 3 -> Lost Custom SoftKey pages from PT 10

Did something similar on Logic 9 to Logic X the other day - Server HD/Library/Application support/Euphonix/ after that you have to check both SQRL and User Sets... In Logic I just took the standard sets and renamed them from Logic Pro.xml to Logic Pro X.xml so I would try something similar... My Transport presets for Safari are placed in the User Sets - try placing a copy of your personal settings there?

Xill 07-31-2013 05:49 AM

Its because of the slow response to issues like this that I stopped updating my software if I can avoid it.

Lost plugin support (drop of 32 bit by Logic), lost of Eucon compatibility... That's not what I call an "upgrade".

ApotheKerry 07-31-2013 02:14 PM

GW - That totally worked. Kind of.

I followed that directory path and went into the UserSets. I found the one titled "Pro Tools10Mac.xml" and I copied and re-titled (the copy) to "Pro Tools11Mac.xml".

Launch Pro Tools 11 and my custom pages are there. Thanks!

GW 07-31-2013 02:54 PM

It's so frustrating when you put a lot of time and effort into creating something that really speeds up your workflow - and, suddenly it's gone...

Glad you got it back!

We should really have a place to swap settings we create (and then I don't mean Pro Tools). Doing Transport settings for Safari, VLC, "whatever you use" really speed things up... There is a HUGE difference what you get in the package now, compared to a while back - and that's great J.C.

But perhaps automatic transformation could be on the wish list?

dkean 10-05-2013 04:40 PM

Thanks - this helped me too.

Artist PM 10-09-2013 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GW (Post 2068708)
It's so frustrating when you put a lot of time and effort into creating something that really speeds up your workflow - and, suddenly it's gone...

Glad you got it back!

We should really have a place to swap settings we create (and then I don't mean Pro Tools). Doing Transport settings for Safari, VLC, "whatever you use" really speed things up... There is a HUGE difference what you get in the package now, compared to a while back - and that's great J.C.

But perhaps automatic transformation could be on the wish list?

We've had a feature on the backlog for merge/swap/exchange soft keys since EUCON 2.0. I agree it's something we need a solution for.

JC