Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (http://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Artist Series (http://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   Logic Pro and Cubase/Nuendo top 5 bugs or Feature additions (http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=406971)

Kapellmeister 11-04-2019 01:29 PM

Re: Logic Pro and Cubase/Nuendo top 5 bugs or Feature additions

Thank you, Eddie, for letting us participate.

Cubase Pro 10

1. It's been said before, but it is most important - Track Visibility doesn't work.
That means hiding channels on the surface is impossible. This feature would enable VCA Spill automatically! In Cubase this is triggered by a command that "shows all channels associated to selected track".

2. There is no visual feedback from the EQ (curve) and the compressor (gain reduction), in the Pro Tools Control app. I think the integrated Cubase Channel Strip should give some feedback.

3. It would be awesome if Eucon would follow the most recent clicked DAW areas. (Plugin windows, etc.)

mattrixx 11-06-2019 04:22 PM

Just remembered another one with Logic ProX.

When configuring a Send Destination with the Control App, only outputs 1 - 7 are available. No option to page through to see more output or buss options. (however, you can do it on the S3 sends config)

MNI 11-07-2019 06:28 AM

As I mentioned in a different thread, in Cubase 10 on Mac Using the Artist Mix:

- Solo buttons won't solo the track (or light up when soloing in Cubase)
- Mute buttons won't work on VCA tracks (and won't show as muted when muting in Cubase).

Also, a while ago using the PT | Control app, it would crash when I had too many tracks in my session, causing Eucon to crash, cuasing Cubase to crash.

Hope this helps!

Funkybot 11-07-2019 09:19 AM

Using Cubase 10.0.50 and Windows 10, my big one is the track visibility not staying in sync between Cubase and the Artist Mix. Example: I hide several tracks in the Cubase mixer, the Artist Mix continues to show them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MNI (Post 2543813)
As I mentioned in a different thread, in Cubase 10 on Mac Using the Artist Mix:

- Solo buttons won't solo the track (or light up when soloing in Cubase)

I'm on Windows, using an Artist Mix and Solo on the Artist Mix = Listen on the Cubase track. Which I'm fine with, since that's what I usually want. Does it just not do anything on Mac?

Quote:

Originally Posted by MNI (Post 2543813)
- Mute buttons won't work on VCA tracks (and won't show as muted when muting in Cubase).

Same behavior on Windows. Solo works (in that Solo=Listen like stated above).

MNI 11-07-2019 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Funkybot (Post 2543832)
Using Cubase 10.0.50 and Windows 10, my big one is the track visibility not staying in sync between Cubase and the Artist Mix. Example: I hide several tracks in the Cubase mixer, the Artist Mix continues to show them.

I'm on Windows, using an Artist Mix and Solo on the Artist Mix = Listen on the Cubase track. Which I'm fine with, since that's what I usually want. Does it just not do anything on Mac?

So on Midi tracks it works as exprected (Solos that tracks I click), on all te rest (Audio, VCA, sampler tracks, Instrument, Output etc) the buttons turns red but nothing is soloed.

Funkybot 11-07-2019 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MNI (Post 2543833)
So on Midi tracks it works as exprected (Solos that tracks I click), on all te rest (Audio, VCA, sampler tracks, Instrument, Output etc) the buttons turns red but nothing is soloed.

Sounds like it's Mac specific. Works on Windows. At least over here.

Big Mother 11-07-2019 02:53 PM

On Mac, seeing Artist Mix solo and mutes working as expected on Audio tracks in Cubase.

-Can confirm Mute button on VCA not functioning as MNI stated above

J-S-Q 11-07-2019 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Funkybot (Post 2543832)
Solo on the Artist Mix = Listen on the Cubase track.

FYI, there is a preference setting within Eucontrol that dictates whether the Solo button will activate 'Listen' or 'Solo' in Cubase.

J-S-Q 11-07-2019 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Mother (Post 2543878)
On Mac, seeing Artist Mix solo and mutes working as expected on Audio tracks in Cubase.

-Can confirm Mute button on VCA not functioning as MNI stated above

This is also what I see on Windows.

J-S-Q 11-08-2019 07:33 AM

Another improvement I'd like to see with Cubase/Eucon:

On the channel Input section (that controls Hi Cut/Low Cut/Phase/Gain etc.) when we make changes in the Remote Control Editor, they are not reflected in what we see on the control surface. Please can this be rectified?