Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Artist Series (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   Is this platform developed any further? (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=324807)

Damien_Reich 06-30-2012 04:28 PM

Is this platform developed any further?

Dear People at AVID,

as lots of problems are still very much inherent with the Artist series and the last update having been posted last October, I guess I am not the only person that would like to know, if there is anything still to come?

Especially the annoying mouse bug on Windows systems is existent at least since 01/2011, when I bought the system, but there are lots of problems left, concerning connection issues and custom programming!

A little comment would really be appreciated and I guess, I am not only speaking for myself.

Best regards,
Damien.

Brandonx1 07-01-2012 07:38 AM

Re: Is this platform developed any further?

I really hope avid will develope artist further as well. Great little controllers, we just need to get ride of all the bugs!

eesn 07-01-2012 02:11 PM

well, all this network traffic just begs to be reverse-engineered.. as for the inter-app communication, the first person to make it work better in HUI mode than the official software does as the official EuCon addon, that would be that.

shame.

Xill 07-02-2012 09:43 AM

They should make the code open source; clearly things aren't improving since the patch release that partially removed the faders noise.

We still can't even copy-paste functions in EuControl...

Damien_Reich 07-09-2012 03:11 PM

To get it open source wouldn't be the best solution, in my opinion. Just because the whole integration process into the different platforms would be nearly impossible ...

I am really disappointed by the lack of interest on the AVID side. As said before, there are lots of problems with the Artist series and as it seems, there is no one taking interest in solving them ... it has been nearly a year since the last update!!!

Is it so hard to say "We are working on it, but it will take a while", or "We are not interested in the continuation of the platform" ... TC did it with Powercore and they didn't fade either, but everyone would know about the situation.

Xill 07-10-2012 06:07 AM

We'll see, but for me if they do not show sign of support for the new os and retina display between now and October I will sell my 4 units.

I'm still having connections problems with 1 of the units and still cant find the source of the problem.

T S 07-12-2012 12:57 AM

It would be strange of them to bring out a rebranded version then ditch any further development but I sure does feel that way, 9 months and no updates...

Damien_Reich 07-28-2012 05:31 PM

Actually, 9 months seems to be a very long time. Meanwhile it does not seem, as if any 3rd party companies are jumping on. Adobe for instance told me, they where developing MC Transport support for Premiere, which was the reason to buy the controller in the first place, allthough I am also using it with Cubase, so it's not a total loss. Mentioning that btw, I have to reinstall the whole controller setup every time I start Cubase, so it is not so easy to cope with either.

Adobe also told me, they ceased any further development for the Artist series!

Doesn't look good :-(

musicman691 07-29-2012 05:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Damien_Reich (Post 1947467)
To get it open source wouldn't be the best solution, in my opinion. Just because the whole integration process into the different platforms would be nearly impossible ...

I am really disappointed by the lack of interest on the AVID side. As said before, there are lots of problems with the Artist series and as it seems, there is no one taking interest in solving them ... it has been nearly a year since the last update!!!

Is it so hard to say "We are working on it, but it will take a while", or "We are not interested in the continuation of the platform" ... TC did it with Powercore and they didn't fade either, but everyone would know about the situation.

And you will note that TC has long ago discontinued development on the Powercore platform. So TC DID fade; I have a Powercore sitting in a rack awaiting properly working software for both PC & Mac platforms. The last s/w for the PC was a mess and messed-up my system. Had to go back to 3.xx for the Poco.

Damien_Reich 07-29-2012 06:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by musicman691 (Post 1952877)
And you will note that TC has long ago discontinued development on the Powercore platform. So TC DID fade; I have a Powercore sitting in a rack awaiting properly working software for both PC & Mac platforms. The last s/w for the PC was a mess and messed-up my system. Had to go back to 3.xx for the Poco.

Strange ... I have a X8 and the 4.4RC3 driver and there are no problems at all, but of course you are right, the Powercore platform is not really alive anymore. The difference is, that TC announced the end of development and as long as you don't move to a new system you can at least use it the way you did before.

The Artist series was introduced to the PC platform but I was never able to use it the way it is supposed to. Also, I can't use the back and forward buttons on my mouse, as long as EuControl is running.

And what really annoys me is ... they don't seem to give a s..t!

At least a little comment like "we are dealing with the problems", would settle my anger a little. But as it seems, they don't even care.