Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Avid S1, S3, Dock and Control App (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=135)
-   -   Layouts (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=381524)

Peter Baird 06-03-2016 11:40 PM

Layouts

Big fun buttons to switch layouts. Kind of reminiscent of the D-Control once the layouts are programmed.

Anybody using the big buttons to enable/disable groups? Just curious.

Peter

Ryan Young 06-06-2016 01:20 AM

Re: Layouts

Correct me if I'm wrong, the only difference is that all tracks need to be visible for the layouts to work correctly? With ICON controllers, you can have faders for tracks that are hidden in the edit/mix window. Aside from that, I love the functionality of it! It helps a ton for big mixes and for ADR workflows.

Peter Baird 06-06-2016 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter Baird (Post 2361697)

Anybody using the big buttons to enable/disable groups? Just curious.

Peter

Found it. Page 30 of the Big Buttons. Sheesh what a timesaver.

Peter

Peter Baird 06-06-2016 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryan Young (Post 2362091)
Correct me if I'm wrong, the only difference is that all tracks need to be visible for the layouts to work correctly? With ICON controllers, you can have faders for tracks that are hidden in the edit/mix window. Aside from that, I love the functionality of it! It helps a ton for big mixes and for ADR workflows.

Haven't checked that yet.

I did say it was reminiscent of the D-Control, not a direct replacement. I think the big difference is in how long it takes to program layouts. Once you got used to the way ICON logic worked, creating and editing Custom Fader Layouts was pretty fast. Divide the console back into 16/16, highlight a channel, make changes, put the console back into 32, resume work. With EUCON, ehh, not so much. Have to shift applications, mouse around a bunch, and any faders you want to be dead you have to specify. I have found myself using a layout that I should have modified simply because I couldn't be bothered to open EUCON and go through the motions. Still way better than it was, though.

Peter

fork-media 07-05-2016 02:04 AM

great point pete..

would a macro help you? ie adding steps?

could you set your view /hide tracks via a marker?

then add step and recall layout?

I found that my templates needed to evolve. actually what I am doing is evolving them to my needs by the use of load..

since we cant load layouts into a project - I flipped it the other way- ie I have a project that I can update - markers layouts - I then load older projects ( I am working on a TV series ) that need to be fixed into a copy of this "evolving" template...

I dont load markers since I have modified them from when the series first started.... the load doesnt take long luckily and I tend to use link to source to save time and disk space, ( I duplicate the "evolving template" to the "source/old project folder first )