Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools 2019 (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   What Mac OS is everyone having the most stable experience with? (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=409107)

Thenewexhibit 03-27-2020 07:39 PM

What Mac OS is everyone having the most stable experience with?

What is everyone having the best experience with regarding Mac OS on a 2015 macbook retina, or mac in general?

I'm currently on Sierra, but I want to start playing with Log Pro X which requires High Sierra at the least.

What's working good for you guys with Pro Tools 2019? High Sierra? Mojave? Catalina?

TNM 03-28-2020 10:37 AM

Re: What Mac OS is everyone having the most stable experience with?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thenewexhibit (Post 2558587)
What is everyone having the best experience with regarding Mac OS on a 2015 macbook retina, or mac in general?

I'm currently on Sierra, but I want to start playing with Log Pro X which requires High Sierra at the least.

What's working good for you guys with Pro Tools 2019? High Sierra? Mojave? Catalina?

I am on Mojave on my 2014 macbook pro and it's very good, and what i recommend. It was built in 2015 but the last of the mid 2014 refresh, so I guess it's a 2015 lol.

The reason I say this, is before long I am sure Logic will also go to Mojave minimum.. the thing is, since Mojave supports metal fully, it is likely or at least possible that Apple will be a bit more reasonable and keep Logic compatible with Mojave for some time. It gives you a bit of leeway.

Same with PT really. And it's genuinely a decent OS... The security features can be a bit annoying (well, very), but once you've given access to everything it's all pretty seamless after that. Performance is good.

Thenewexhibit 03-28-2020 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TNM (Post 2558632)
I am on Mojave on my 2014 macbook pro and it's very good, and what i recommend. It was built in 2015 but the last of the mid 2014 refresh, so I guess it's a 2015 lol.

The reason I say this, is before long I am sure Logic will also go to Mojave minimum.. the thing is, since Mojave supports metal fully, it is likely or at least possible that Apple will be a bit more reasonable and keep Logic compatible with Mojave for some time. It gives you a bit of leeway.

Same with PT really. And it's genuinely a decent OS... The security features can be a bit annoying (well, very), but once you've given access to everything it's all pretty seamless after that. Performance is good.

Cool! Thank you! What kind of acces do you have to give mojave, or what are the security features? Are you still on Pro Tools 2019.12?

Sugarnutz 03-28-2020 11:22 AM

Mojave has been good to me on two machines with PT Ultimate 2019.12.

JFreak 03-28-2020 11:24 AM

Catalina in 10.15.4 update became very good. Now only thing missing is PT 2020.x and I am going to do another clean install.

Thenewexhibit 03-28-2020 11:39 AM

Thank you guys for the replies! So what’s on the horizon for Pro Tools 2020? Has there been talks of new features?

JFreak 03-28-2020 11:41 AM

Folder Tracks