Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   macOS (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=92)
-   -   Upgrade woes: Stop Button Lights Blue - Can't record/playback (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=400446)

quangaroo 08-02-2018 11:32 AM

Upgrade woes: Stop Button Lights Blue - Can't record/playback

Hi--
I recently updated from OX 10.8.5 & PT 12.4 to OS X 10.10.5 & PT 12.6.1. My hardware interface is a Digi 003. My old system was ROCK solid, but several issues (not audio related) required I update my OS.

Now I've got two things that occur with alarming frequency:
In the middle of a session, the stop button lights solid blue and the play button flashes green, and I'm unable to continue recording or playback until I quit PT, turn off the Digi 003 and restart both. I've seen others in the forum report the same, but no real solution.

The 2nd issue is more of an annoyance: upon launch I always get the query: "Do you want the application “Pro Tools.app” to accept incoming network connections?" even though I've gone to my Mac System Preferences and allowed the connection for PT in my Privacy settings.

I can download the update for PT 12.7 -- will that solve any of this? Or do I need another OSX upgrade as well? Or is there a simpler fix?

My Mac Hardware is:
Mac Pro Tower (Mid 2012)
3.33 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon
32 GB of Memory
Graphics card: ATI Radeon HD 5770 1024 MB
SAMSUNG 1TB SSD Start-up drive
WD 4TB SATA Drive for PT sessions

Thank you!

StefB 08-12-2018 02:23 AM

Re: Upgrade woes: Stop Button Lights Blue - Can't record/playback

Blue stop light - online waiting or timecode/midi?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

quangaroo 08-13-2018 02:00 PM

I'm not using timecode/midi--but I have to admit I don't know what you mean by "online waiting" either :)

quangaroo 11-12-2018 09:34 AM

Just checking in: Any new info out there on this issue?

Hugh-H 11-13-2018 05:58 PM

Hello,
The indicators you describe present when PT is put in chase mode and is waiting for timecode. Command-J does this, could you be pressing that by mistake?
Hugh

quangaroo 11-24-2018 08:36 AM

Yes, I definitely checked that--it's something else.:confused:

Darryl Ramm 11-24-2018 09:54 AM

Both the issues in your original post have been discussed in DUC posts in the past, I know because I have posted fixes in some of those threads, you really should be searching for those... use Google search with “site: duc.avid.com” or “site:avid.com”, included in the search (without the double quotes). It is also worth searching the Avid support knowledge base if stuck, not sure if these items are there or not.

StefB 11-24-2018 10:07 AM

Also - Trash your prefs!

quangaroo 11-24-2018 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm (Post 2506741)
Both the issues in your original post have been discussed in DUC posts in the past, I know because I have posted fixes in some of those threads, you really should be searching for those... use Google search with “site: duc.avid.com” or “site:avid.com”, included in the search (without the double quotes). It is also worth searching the Avid support knowledge base if stuck, not sure if these items are there or not.

Thank you! Is there a better technical term I should search for that more accurately describes this problem/issue?

quangaroo 11-24-2018 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StefB (Post 2506744)
Also - Trash your prefs!

Thank you--I'm looking into that now! I just want to make sure I know what I'm doing (and have my settings recorded) before I trash prefs! :)