Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (http://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   The Drum Room (http://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Which Drum Vi has better sounds? (http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=344582)

YYR123 09-16-2013 06:28 AM

Which Drum Vi has better sounds?

Slate
BFD
Superior Drummer and
Addictive Drums

What type of sounds? Processed drum hits ? Clean natural unprocessed sounds?

I have BFD2 and it's a very natural clean drum sound - what about the other two? How do they compare ?

SpinningDisk 09-16-2013 06:55 AM

Re: Which Drum Vi has better sounds?

What's wrong with Addictive Drums?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

YYR123 09-16-2013 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpinningDisk (Post 2083486)
What's wrong with Addictive Drums?.

Added to the list !!!

albee1952 09-16-2013 12:46 PM

Truthfully, all are good, and which is best is simply a matter of taste:D. What I like about Addictive is; value(on sale, its a bargain for a really solid package), ease of use(I like the way XLN allows you to filter the loops to make searching a bit easier), routing to separate tracks(seems more intuitive than SD2, but I have not used the others mentioned) and integration with my Roland kit was dirt simple(wish I still had it:eek::o). Granted, SD2 offers a lot more options for sounds with all the EZX stuff:-)

SpinningDisk 09-16-2013 02:51 PM

It is a matter of taste. If it sounds good to you and you are comfortable using it, then it's good.

YYR123 09-16-2013 03:58 PM

Well the reason the question came about was because of slates advertising of a radio ready sound

So that got me to thinking if it had already production compressor EQ's on it I would spend less time modifying the sound that I wanted

Quicker turn around so I can get these free songs out to the people :D

albee1952 09-17-2013 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YYR123 (Post 2083713)
Well the reason the question came about was because of slates advertising of a radio ready sound

So that got me to thinking if it had already production compressor EQ's on it I would spend less time modifying the sound that I wanted

Quicker turn around so I can get these free songs out to the people :D

The simple solution for this is, save a template for drums. I have a track preset with all my drum tracks, plugins, sends; all ready to go.

SpinningDisk 09-17-2013 08:20 PM

Huh? Now you have gone over my head. So I can save templet for each song for each VI in that song?

DMB13KOS 09-18-2013 03:18 AM

I can add a vote for Addictive Drums for sound quality, ease of use, and the way you can send each kit piece to a separate channel.

YYR123 09-18-2013 06:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpinningDisk (Post 2084201)
So I can save templet for each song for each VI in that song?.

Yeah you can - it's called the track hack