Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (http://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools 12 (http://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=142)
-   -   PT 12.7 + Sierra 10.12.4 (http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=390051)

Dj-Ike 03-29-2017 04:04 AM

PT 12.7 + Sierra 10.12.4
 
Updated to the new MacOs on my MBP. No issues so far.

jamesleonard 03-29-2017 04:53 AM

Re: PT 12.7 + Sierra 10.12.4
 
Hello Dj-Ike.

Will the new update fix the problem which relates to: 'mini grand' (see: Virtual instruments, AIR Mini Grand: no 'long' sound, just short notes post?)

Also... you say you have 003 - and this works ok too?

James

JFreak 03-29-2017 05:15 AM

Re: PT 12.7 + Sierra 10.12.4
 
Mini Grand has a workaround. Take a look at Virtual Instruments forum

TrentWilliams 03-29-2017 08:07 AM

Re: PT 12.7 + Sierra 10.12.4
 
Can confirm, no issues from here either. Tested on a portable workstation then moved my main machine over. In the middle of a heavy 35 minute post-production mix and haven't run into a single error since updating.

fourthtunz 03-30-2017 01:45 PM

Re: PT 12.7 + Sierra 10.12.4
 
bump!
I'd like to see how this combo is running too but I'll still upgrade to this combo!:D

lBeaman 04-07-2017 07:36 AM

Re: PT 12.7 + Sierra 10.12.4
 
I am also running 12.7 + 10.12.4 combo on a new Mac Pro and everything seems to be fine so far. I am running into intermittent "beachballing", but that may be unrelated; it is a brand new setup.

TrentWilliams 04-07-2017 02:05 PM

Re: PT 12.7 + Sierra 10.12.4
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by lBeaman (Post 2423660)
I am also running 12.7 + 10.12.4 combo on a new Mac Pro and everything seems to be fine so far. I am running into intermittent "beachballing", but that may be unrelated; it is a brand new setup.

I'm getting intermittent beach balling too, only lasts for 20 seconds then back on track again. I think this combo has been the most stable i've seen Pro Tools (at least on my rig) for a long time.

On another note - i'm looking forward to the incoming update later this month that will (should) fix excess CPU usage from Eucon.

Tao Jones 04-07-2017 02:44 PM

Re: PT 12.7 + Sierra 10.12.4
 
I'm on Sierra 10.12.4. I was on Pro Tools 12.5.2 and went to 12.7.1, both versions suffered from Midi Note Editor lag. i.e. Dragging note(s) while the play head scrolls by would grind the GUI down AND the note(s) being dragged. The lag didn't go away after a fresh install of Sierra and Pro Tools so I rolled back to 12.4 and everything has been pretty smooth so far. I'm on a new Mac Pro 8 Core with 16g RAM and 500g flash drive.

lBeaman 04-10-2017 07:45 AM

Re: PT 12.7 + Sierra 10.12.4
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Trent W. (Post 2423722)
I'm getting intermittent beach balling too, only lasts for 20 seconds then back on track again. I think this combo has been the most stable i've seen Pro Tools (at least on my rig) for a long time.

On another note - i'm looking forward to the incoming update later this month that will (should) fix excess CPU usage from Eucon.

Were you able to track down a possible source? I've been doing some testing and have just found this morning that disabling the video engine seems to have helped. Can't confirm yet as the issue is so intermittent.

TrentWilliams 04-10-2017 01:48 PM

Re: PT 12.7 + Sierra 10.12.4
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by lBeaman (Post 2424066)
Were you able to track down a possible source? I've been doing some testing and have just found this morning that disabling the video engine seems to have helped. Can't confirm yet as the issue is so intermittent.

I'm using Video Slave at the minute, so have been using PT with the video engine turned off. Still beachballs every now and again, but it really doesn't bother me. It really is only for 10 to 20 seconds at a time then it carries on.

I think it's from the Eucon engine tbh, but can't confirm.

The takeaway from this I think is:

- Remove Avid App Manager
- Update your Avid Codecs
- Turn Wifi off
- Turn video engine off
- Run 12.7.1 and OS 10.12.4

and you'll have a good time.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:06 AM.

Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2008, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited. Forum Hosted By: URLJet.com