Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools 12 (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=142)
-   -   AAE error -9173 stronger than ever on PT 12.5 (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=379480)

Blackers 04-01-2016 05:00 AM

AAE error -9173 stronger than ever on PT 12.5

Well,with sistem usage at 24 % i must say 12.5 is a complex update.This message appears a lot the last couple of days.And stills is crashing here and there.Windows 7 i7 intel m ausio project mix io as interface.
Anyone familiar with that?:-)

http://protools.ideascale.com/a/dtd/237818-3779

Nearlymen 04-01-2016 05:11 AM

Re: The ole 9173 error stronger than ever on PT 12.5

Yep similar thing happening here, so far all the 12.X releases have been running good for me except 12.5 Running on Win 7 with Mbox3. I keep getting 'running out of cpu' etc etc on sessions that only have a couple of tracks and a couple of VSTi's. Going back to 12.4 cures the problem so no big deal at the mo !
I always uninstall the previous versions before installing the new so it maybe that I inadvertently left behind some of 12.4 ?
I may have a closer look at it over the weekend. If I reinstall 12.5 I may try turning the wi-fi 'off and on' since some people report this can have an effect (well on mac's anyway). Or disable dynamic plugin setting to see if that does anything.

Clive

Blackers 04-01-2016 06:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nearlymen (Post 2346448)
Yep similar thing happening here, so far all the 12.X releases have been running good for me except 12.5 Running on Win 7 with Mbox3. I keep getting 'running out of cpu' etc etc on sessions that only have a couple of tracks and a couple of VSTi's. Going back to 12.4 cures the problem so no big deal at the mo !
I always uninstall the previous versions before installing the new so it maybe that I inadvertently left behind some of 12.4 ?
I may have a closer look at it over the weekend. If I reinstall 12.5 I may try turning the wi-fi 'off and on' since some people report this can have an effect (well on mac's anyway). Or disable dynamic plugin setting to see if that does anything.

Clive

Hey Nearlymen what is the issue with wi fi?

Nearlymen 04-01-2016 06:37 AM

Whilst I was looking around the web for anything on AAE9173 and 12.5, I noticed a a thread (can't remember where !) about 12.5 not running on a mac and the solution was to turn off wifi !There is also something posted similar here on the DUC http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=379461

I don't know the in's and out's of it but it stuck in my mind when looking for answers (you know it was ironic it worked for co-lab only if wifi was turned off !) Might be a red herring though in my problem, but its worth pursueing until I run out of options. In my case an out of date plugin maybe the culprit as well so I'll try a session and diable all plugins on start to see what happens. Anyway at the my 12.4 is working fine and I'm under no pressure to change so I'll treat this as a bit of errr 'Homework' !

Cheers

Clive

ChuckS 04-01-2016 07:16 AM

You can run 12.5 without the Cloud Collaboration and App Manager. If so inclined, try uninstalling those and see what happens. There are separate uninstallers in Windows Programs and Features or on the Mac in Applications/Avid Uninstallers. If you're turning off wifi they're useless anyway.

john1192 04-01-2016 07:35 AM

you can uninstall Cloud Collaboration ?? thats interesting .. i have App Manager uninstalled .. thx for letting us that have not installed 12.5 yet, ..

Nearlymen 04-01-2016 10:31 AM

ChuckS you beat me to it !
I've just reloaded 12.5 (uninstalled 12.4 first) and started playing around with it, then got a got AAE9173 error. So I clicked on the more info tab in the 9173 dialog box but I wasn't connected to the net. Mmmm So I cleared the dialog, connected to the net, ran 12.5 and waited for an error.....which never came ! So restarted the PC didn't log on the net, started 12.5 and got an AAE9173 ?
Sooo.... I uninstalled the Avid cloud client services (This cloud co-lab thing doesn't interest me so no bother), restarted the PC, didn't log on the net, started 12.5 and its been happily running for the last hour !!

Odd or what ?

But at least this is starting to look like where the culprit may be (oh I will add I uninstalled the application manager as well)

rinky 04-01-2016 10:47 AM

I agree! Same issue here with the pesky "9173". What's weird is that I didn't even have a single VI instantiated! Had only 5 stereo audio tracks.
Performed the PT Prefs, buffer setting to 512 and it seems to be okay. But really?
This is day 3 post installing 12.5. Not to a good start, especially after shelling out $399 for another year of subscription!
Starting to look at other DAWs as well if AVID can not fix these bugs that have been around long enough!

travis_tompkins 04-01-2016 01:47 PM

Reporting the same problem here. Intel I7 with 8 cores and 16GB RAM. 5% CPU utilization and getting 9173 errors. Froze tracks, deactivated plugins, deactivated tracks. Doesn't help. Hopefully they see the errors and release a patch. Meanwhile, will uninstall collaboration software (no use for it yet) and application manager to see if I can get by.

travis_tompkins 04-01-2016 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by travis_tompkins (Post 2346655)
Reporting the same problem here. Intel I7 with 8 cores and 16GB RAM. 5% CPU utilization and getting 9173 errors. Froze tracks, deactivated plugins, deactivated tracks. Doesn't help. Hopefully they see the errors and release a patch. Meanwhile, will uninstall collaboration software (no use for it yet) and application manager to see if I can get by.

Punted on 12.5 for now. Went back to 12.4. No errors. Will wait for the 12.5.1 point release to come out and try again.