Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Will updating Flash Player affect older version of Protools? (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=333887)

novice12 01-29-2013 08:04 AM

Will updating Flash Player affect older version of Protools?

Can anyone help me figure out whether upgrading to the current version of Adobe FlashPlayer 10.3.183.50 will cause problems with the 2008 version of Pro Tools I use - LE7 v7.4?

If so, are there easy ways round the problem or am I better just to leave the setup as it is? (Pro Tools is the primary use for this computer)

I'm using an iMac 2.66GHz, intel core 2 duo, OS X v10.5.2

Thanks!

sunburst79 01-29-2013 11:09 AM

Re: Will updating Flash Player affect older version of Protools?

Not that I'm aware of. But I would wait for a second opinion.

You DO want the latest or a later version of Flash as there are some vulnerabilities patched. I running the latest version with PT9 if that helps any. Although its obviously not PTLE 8

novice12 01-31-2013 10:57 AM

Thanks for the advice, I appreciate your reply - but I will wait for a second opinion! I guess if the newer Flash messes up PT7, I can return to the older version of Flash from a time machine backup?

sunburst79 01-31-2013 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by novice12 (Post 2003009)
Thanks for the advice, I appreciate your reply - but I will wait for a second opinion! I guess if the newer Flash messes up PT7, I can return to the older version of Flash from a time machine backup?

You might want to Google for any issues regarding that version of Flash and OSX and see what turns up. I think if there was a issue we would have heard about it by now.

zoff 01-31-2013 11:31 AM

Am I missing something here. What does Flash have to do with Pro Tools?

sunburst79 01-31-2013 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zoff (Post 2003025)
Am I missing something here. What does Flash have to do with Pro Tools?

Hopefully nothing. But it is Pro Tools;)

novice12 02-03-2013 11:56 AM

Thanks again both of you - I was just worried ProTools might use Flash in some way? I hope not too (and hopefully am being paranoid) but I'm just a bit wary of updates as my system is a bit old now! I'll let you know what happens if I pluck up courage to try...haha

sunburst79 02-03-2013 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by novice12 (Post 2004008)
Thanks again both of you - I was just worried ProTools might use Flash in some way? I hope not too (and hopefully am being paranoid) but I'm just a bit wary of updates as my system is a bit old now! I'll let you know what happens if I pluck up courage to try...haha

Maybe clone your disk or make a disk image and jump;)