Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (http://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   FireWire and USB Audio Interfaces (Win) (http://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Are there new interfaces coming out soon? (http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=351868)

sharpo07 03-04-2014 03:13 PM

Are there new interfaces coming out soon?

The reason why I ask is because I see that the mbox3 mini is damn near discontinued and the mbox3 (usb version) had a price drop from $500 to $300.

Just wondering if there was any word of new interfaces coming out?

Discontinues and price drop are usually a signal of new products coming out....:confused::confused::confused:

YYR123 03-04-2014 03:18 PM

Re: Are there new interfaces coming out soon?

I would have thought namm if they had one. Winter namm is too far away.... However the fast tracks do indeed belong to avid so maybe it's just discontinuing a line but and relying on a newer already released product

Bill Denton 03-05-2014 05:55 AM

Just my own thinking, but I have the feeling that Avid will eventually drop all of their low-end interfaces, and let the third-party take over the hassles of supporting those users.

However, I wouldn't be surprised if Avid came out with a Thunderbolt HDX "box", similar to the HD Native Thunderbolt interface...

YYR123 03-05-2014 06:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill Denton (Post 2137800)
However, I wouldn't be surprised if Avid came out with a Thunderbolt HDX "box", similar to the HD Native Thunderbolt interface...

A card box - yeah why not would take much design

I think the 004 and 004r is coming soon !!!! Not

albee1952 03-05-2014 01:51 PM

Judging by all the issues with fast track anything, I wish they'd drop that whole line:rolleyes:

Craig F 03-05-2014 01:55 PM

October would be the next hardware release window
Personally I don't think anything is in the works, MB3s for now

Bob Olhsson 03-05-2014 02:15 PM

Actually the NAB show and Musikmesse are both coming right up.

JCBigler 03-05-2014 05:57 PM

And Lou Hernandez talked about an "aggressive set of product announcements" a few days ago.

Bob Olhsson 03-05-2014 06:06 PM

There are two interface revolutions going on in the industry: Audio (and video) over high speed Ethernet and USB 3 once the computer manufacturers get their act together.

JCBigler 03-05-2014 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Olhsson (Post 2137972)
There are two interface revolutions going on in the industry: Audio (and video) over high speed Ethernet and USB 3 once the computer manufacturers get their act together.

Did you leave out Thunderbolt on purpose? ;)