Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   lounge lizard plug in prob (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=201599)

robotboy 07-18-2007 04:28 PM

lounge lizard plug in prob

I just got the Appplied Acoustics Lounge Lizard EP3 electric piano software. It works fine as a stand-alone (using the digi soundcard), but I can't get it to show up in my list of plug-ins when I am recording. I've never had this happen before. It does not come up anywhere in the list. Can anyone help? Thanks

PT 6.4 Digi 001

spkguitar 07-18-2007 04:48 PM

Re: lounge lizard plug in prob

On the MAC compatibility info for LL3, it states that RTAS compatibility is PT7 only. Are you sure that isn't also the case for the PC side? (if it is, it's a mistake on their part; nothing about it on the website)

robotboy 07-18-2007 08:33 PM

thanks. i checked the site too--nothing about windows. Hope i didn't waste $230!

Aussie169 07-18-2007 08:42 PM

Unfortunately I think you have

robotboy 07-18-2007 11:09 PM

wait, no, c'mon...really? Is there any software that does the same thing that will work in 6.4 ???

Aussie169 07-18-2007 11:57 PM

I would have thought that if the Mac needs PTLE7 or higher, then the PC would too. Strange though the website says nothing.

Check in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Digidesign\DAE\Plugins
and see if there's a Lounge Lizard file in there. If not, reinstall and make sure you use the above path when it asks where to install the RTAS files.
If it IS in there already, then I'm guessing it just doesn't work with PTLE6.4

brandymania1 07-19-2007 01:44 AM

Quote:

I just got the Appplied Acoustics Lounge Lizard EP3 electric piano software. It works fine as a stand-alone (using the digi soundcard), but I can't get it to show up in my list of plug-ins when I am recording. I've never had this happen before. It does not come up anywhere in the list. Can anyone help? Thanks

PT 6.4 Digi 001

You should try rapping it as a vst.I think it should work (fx expansion)

Brandy

robotboy 07-19-2007 12:25 PM

Thanks everyone. I'm getting closer.

I can now load the lounge lizard while in Pro Tools, but it makes a horrible high-pitched feedback noise when I open it.

Any suggestions?

Bob L 07-19-2007 03:41 PM

Quote:

I can now load the lounge lizard while in Pro Tools, but it makes a horrible high-pitched feedback noise when I open it.

If there is a DUC Quote of the Month, this could be it!
Have you tried a $5 in the brandy snifter sitting on the piano?

Aussie169 07-19-2007 04:18 PM

LOL, If you don't know what Lounge Lizard is I can see the humor

Robotboy, have you contacted AAS tech support?