Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools 12 (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=142)
-   -   What sampler are you using with PT? (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=382792)

Oroz 07-21-2016 10:12 PM

What sampler are you using with PT?

Hi everyone. I was wondering which sampler are you using with Pro Tools that's as advanced as the ones in Ableton, Logic, etc.?

Occasionally I've used Structure Free but it lacks a lot of functions.

So which is the best sampler plug-in for PT? Which one do you use?

Rewiring Ableton is a good option but I try to shy away from working via rewire with other programs. I much prefer to just open one session.

Thanks in advance!

Seafoam_Green 07-21-2016 10:29 PM

Re: What sampler are you using with PT?

I don't use use Ableton or Logic , nor am I familiar with there features so I am not sure of what "advanced means" in your description ?
.., but in Pro tools I stick to mainly FXpansions's Geist 2 for my main sampler , and occasionally dabble with +10db's Morgana.

I also use IKMultimedia's Sampletank 3 , but thats mainly just a V.I engine for their libraries. I don't know how these are compared to others on the market, so I cannot make a valid judgement as to whether I think they are better or not, it's just what I use. They all have free trial periods, ST3 has a free lite version to see if they have what you need.

Kris75 07-21-2016 10:44 PM

I use Falcon from UVI. It's a pretty amazing plug. Most people use Kontakt, but I also own Structure Full and it's also quite capable. Depends what you want to do. Do you require scripting, 3rd party libraries, or ease of creating your own samples?

Oroz 07-21-2016 11:02 PM

Thanks guys. I'm gonna check them out including Structure Full.

I'm aiming to create my own synth leads, manipulate vocals (Skrillex, The Chainsmokers, etc.) not so much for drums samples (I think Geist if for that but I already have Battery for that type of sampling).

In Ableton you load the sampler and imports a sound, whatever you choose, and you can zoom into the exact part that you want sampled, make a loop, make it go forward and then backwards, and manipulate a whole lotta other things.

i was wondering if there's such a powerful sampler for Pro Tools.

Oroz 07-21-2016 11:11 PM

Even FL has a great one called Slicex. It'd be awesome if there was a similar sampler that we could use with Pro Tools.

Stereo Missile 07-22-2016 02:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oroz (Post 2371144)
Thanks guys. I'm gonna check them out including Structure Full.

I'm aiming to create my own synth leads, manipulate vocals (Skrillex, The Chainsmokers, etc.) not so much for drums samples (I think Geist if for that but I already have Battery for that type of sampling).

In Ableton you load the sampler and imports a sound, whatever you choose, and you can zoom into the exact part that you want sampled, make a loop, make it go forward and then backwards, and manipulate a whole lotta other things.

i was wondering if there's such a powerful sampler for Pro Tools.

As previously said, UVI Falcon would do what you are after and it does various types of synthesis as well and sounds good. Kontakt is great too as a pure sampler and has the advantage of loads of commercial libraries available but it doesn't do synthesis.

Seafoam_Green 07-22-2016 03:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oroz (Post 2371144)

geist2'll do all that and much more incl drag n' drop etc . I have battery and giest is much more fluid to use IMO + more features .., I suggest you go to fxpansions website and first view the tuition and overview vids to get an idea

clausiii 07-22-2016 03:50 AM

I use the full version of Structure.

john1192 07-22-2016 07:02 AM

Kontakt 5 here ... i have structure Full but i have not used it in a loooong time .. it was not that great when i used it. but the main reason i switched to Kontakt was to be able to use Kontakt in more than One DAW and to have the patches saved with Kontakt .. and it runs Standalone as well ... my .02

cheers john

TOM@METRO 07-22-2016 07:57 AM

"Kontakt 5" is the go-to here.